Hacienda del Mar Resort

Hurricane Henriette at HDM

Sep 09, 2007

I spent the week of Sep. 1 at HDM and was there when Hurricane Henriette came through. Although it was a category 1, I hadn't experienced a hurricane (only earthquakes since I'm from Calif.). I just wanted to commend the HDM staff who tried to make weathering this storm as easy on the guests as possible. The winds were very strong and several trees were uprooted. During the hurricane, we lost power intermittently, and then for a few hours consecutively upon Henriette passing thru. The HDM staff were very helpful, as they came by knocking on doors to see if anyone needed anything. They also provided candles and flashlights upon request in the reception lobby, or delivered if requested. Many people bought food from the mini-mart in preparation of a possible food shortage. Thankfully, this did not occur. The HDM staff provided free buffet meals in the convention center. This was a great help as there was nowheer to eat and not all had food. The lines were quite long during the dinner buffet and they ran short of some hot entrees, howveer they did their best to keep the food coming. Some people were annoyed that they ran out of some foods, but in a disaster, we need to just eat what is thee for the time being. They also did not charge for the day of Sept 4th, as a result of airport being closed and nobody was able to fully enjoy the amenities at HDM. KUDOS to HDM staff for their hospitality during the hurricane!

Ed A.
Sep 27, 2007

Was there any physical damage to the buildings at HDM from the hurricane? From your note, it sounds as though only a few trees were uprooted. How about the town of Cabo? Any major damage. I have plans of going there in Feb '08 and from your note, it sounds like any damage would most probably be unnoticeable by then.

Dennis P.
Sep 27, 2007

dennisp80 wrote:
Was there any physical damage to the buildings at HDM from the hurricane? From your note, it sounds as though only a few trees were uprooted. How about the town of Cabo? Any major damage. I have plans of going there in Feb '08 and from your note, it sounds like any damage would most probably be unnoticeable by then.
No damage to any HDM buildings nor the town in general. It seemed to fare well throughout Cabo...I'm sure the fact that it was a category 1 and not more intense is the reason why...but you should have a wonderful time in Feb...have a drink for me!

Ed A.
Oct 14, 2007

I just returned on Oct * from HdM and there was no physical damage visible to the resort...if there was it was already cleaned up. They are now renovating Delfines, the swim up bar in the back...should easily be ready by Spring. Also, de Cortez, the steak place (not to be confused with Pitahyas (sp+) was reopened while I was there. I plan two weeks in the Spring!!!

Judy K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.