Timeshare Exchanges

$299 Cabo Pueblo Bonita Pacifica Holistic Spa Special

Sep 10, 2007

We took advantage of the $299 8 night offer for next week and we have to attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation to get this price. I hear that these time share presentations and the sales people can be very persistant. Has nayone attended one of these held by this resort? Any advise for first timers?

Ross S.
Sep 10, 2007

rosss14 wrote:
We took advantage of the $299 8 night offer for next week and we have to attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation to get this price. I hear that these time share presentations and the sales people can be very persistant. Has nayone attended one of these held by this resort? Any advise for first timers?
============== While I've never been to that resort, I've been to several "90 minute" presentations. Most tend to drag out, especially if you seem interested. The sales person will try to entice you every which way to buy. You need to just stand your ground. Before you go, search the Internet for resales of this resort. If you really want to purchase, turn the tables. Tell him how exciting it is and make an offer based on the resale market. Good Luck

Mike N.
Sep 11, 2007

I've also been to several presentations and many salespeople are very pushy. Just keep in mind the words no thanks, no thanks and no thanks after the sales pitch. If you decide to buy there you can buy on the resale market for 1/2 or less of developer price ..... same product.

R P.
Sep 11, 2007

mike1536 has stated: >> While I've never been to that resort, I've been to several "90 minute" presentations. Most tend to drag out, especially if you seem interested. The sales person will try to entice you every which way to buy. You need to just stand your ground. Before you go, search the Internet for resales of this resort. If you really want to purchase, turn the tables. Tell him how exciting it is and make an offer based on the resale market. Good Luck << ======================================

GREAT advice! By printing out (and having with you) current resale market info, you will promptly identify yourself as a salesman's worst nightmare --- an EDUCATED CONSUMER.

Once it has been made clear that you do not fit into the "sucker" category, extracting yourself from the sales presentation situation will be much easier. Just remember that you WILL be subjected to high pressure, guilt tactics, questioning of your intellect for saying "no", etc. Don't fall prey to ANY of it; say "no thanks" and walk away briskly.

CAVEAT EMPTOR (Buyer Beware)

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 11, 2007 07:23 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.