Sep 26, 2007

Hi I am a new owner and excited about going down the 1st 2 weeks in January. I am wondering if current owners can tell me the good, bad and ugly. I am also a bit fustrated with TARPC as they have yet to post updated Q2 2007 board meeting minutes-it seems that the communication to owers is very much lacking. Any thoughts on that?

Kathleen D.
Apr 01, 2008

Buyers beware! Here are my opinions on this subject. This has been a problem all along with our resort.

The T.A.P.R.C board is just a puppet to the Royal Resorts Group demands. RRG is the management and marketing vendor to the resort. If Royal wants to raise the A.M.F’s royal just tell the board to do so. In turn RRG get an increase in their fee’s they charge our resort for the service or I should say disservice they do for the resort… This is self-serving to say the least. You see RRG collect a 10% fee on every timeshare unit at the resort whether or not a maintenance fee is collected / paid on these units which now totals to more then a million plus with all expenses paid on top of that by the resort . Even the units owned by friendly island properties another company formed by RRG to buy these units as a way to control the pelican resort. With these voting rights attached to the F.I.P. units after said units are sold, RRG/FIP still keeps these votes and claims they don’t have to pay maintenance fee’s like the rest of the owners do. Yet still feels they can continue to vote these unit weeks as they have done over the years, which in turn is dragging the resort deeper in debt to Royal Resorts. Where in time they will end up putting the resort through another bankruptcy as they have threatened when they forced T.A.P.R.C. to sell them the weeks bought by FIP and even afterwards when some owners challenged Royal Resorts right to vote weeks not in good standing.

So to answer your question – no answer will not be forthcoming unless RRG tell the board it is o.k. to answer.

Dan H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.