Harborside Resort at Atlantis

can any one give me more information on the harborside resort @atlantis

Dec 30, 2007

why are people saying the food is high why are people saying that this resort is not what it seem to be why are people saying you have to have a lot of money to stay here

i want to stay here put i will be very upset if i have a bad experience and is it better to stay at the hotel or the harborside resort and how do you cut down on food prices

Anise W.
Dec 30, 2007

anisew wrote:
why are people saying the food is high why are people saying that this resort is not what it seem to be why are people saying you have to have a lot of money to stay here

i want to stay here put i will be very upset if i have a bad experience and is it better to stay at the hotel or the harborside resort and how do you cut down on food prices

Honestly food is no more expensive than at any other resort in the Caribbean--if you stay at Harborside you can have breakfast in and also make sandwiches if you want for lunch--also cook in if you want but I find we just go out for dinner every night--we have been going for 7+ years so if you have specific questions let me know. I always bring a separate suitcase with snacks, crackers and you can also bring lunch meat if it is in the original packaging--I put a smaller soft sided cooler in with frozen stuff and it arrives fine.

Maria W.
Jan 03, 2008

anisew wrote:

The food is high when you want to go to the fancy restuarnts all over the hotel section of the resort. If you buy or bring food with you to eat there in the full kitchen it is as high as a supermarket to eat. All bahamians pay a bit more for food than we do in US. It is a real fun place. you cannot find anything like this anywhere in the world. I just eat in my room since i am not rich. Ive been there several times. i have been all over and most resorts have just plain pools. The only bad thing is you will get spoiled and not like the plain resorts anymore.

Meryl N.
Jan 18, 2008

mer1 wrote:
anisew wrote:

The food is high when you want to go to the fancy restuarnts all over the hotel section of the resort. If you buy or bring food with you to eat there in the full kitchen it is as high as a supermarket to eat. All bahamians pay a bit more for food than we do in US. It is a real fun place. you cannot find anything like this anywhere in the world. I just eat in my room since i am not rich. Ive been there several times. i have been all over and most resorts have just plain pools. The only bad thing is you will get spoiled and not like the plain resorts anymore.

Some of the restaurants are very expensive, but places like Johnny Rockets are more reasonable. Also, grill places by the pools were not too bad. Bringing food with you is a good idea, just make sure that customs will allow it. The little store at the Harborside was VERY expensive. The supermarket across the bridge is much more reasonable. As far as being disappointed, it was BY FAR, the best place that we have ever vacationed. For the heck of it, after we went the last time, I stopped into a big Travel Agency and told them that was where I just went and asked if there was any other place like it that I could go to next time. They told me no, there was no other place like it in the world. We absolutely LOVE it. So much to do right on sight. And just offsite on the beach there is stuff like jet skiing and para-sailing. It is not a cheap vacation, but there are ways to watch your money. Good luck deciding.

Maureen P.
Jan 18, 2008

reeniep wrote:
mer1 wrote:
anisew wrote:

Some of the restaurants are very expensive, but places like Johnny Rockets are more reasonable. Also, grill places by the pools were not too bad. Bringing food with you is a good idea, just make sure that customs will allow it. The little store at the Harborside was VERY expensive. The supermarket across the bridge is much more reasonable. As far as being disappointed, it was BY FAR, the best place that we have ever vacationed. For the heck of it, after we went the last time, I stopped into a big Travel Agency and told them that was where I just went and asked if there was any other place like it that I could go to next time. They told me no, there was no other place like it in the world. We absolutely LOVE it. So much to do right on sight. And just offsite on the beach there is stuff like jet skiing and para-sailing. It is not a cheap vacation, but there are ways to watch your money. Good luck deciding.

its a great experience. go but yes bring a bag of sealed food items. no fresh fruit. althought the store over the bridge is not too expensive to buy stuff, it just has limited selections.

Meryl N.
Apr 04, 2008

mer1 wrote:
reeniep wrote:
mer1 wrote:
anisew wrote:

its a great experience. go but yes bring a bag of sealed food items. no fresh fruit. althought the store over the bridge is not too expensive to buy stuff, it just has limited selections.

I would suggest you reviewing my detailed review after our 12/06 Christmas trip, I laid out the prices, for several food options and my opinion. No problem whatsoever, as multiple options including the kitchen, i think te best kept secret is the restaurant at Harborside. It is so reasonable compared to the other Atlantis seat downs.... Read my review and I was concerned to so I made a special effort to discuss te issue. Under "loup14" in regular eview section Lou

Lou P.
May 31, 2008

I thought you had to purchase the meal plan prior to vacationing at the resort? I am interested in vacationing at the Harborside in 2010 and trying to do my homework prior to actually scheduling. Is April or May a good month to visit there? Not sure if there are any really bad months to stay clear of.

Diane K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.