Jan 02, 2008

Have any of you transferred your week? For example we own week 38 and want to transfer that to a different week. Basically, selling the old week and purchasing a new week. Did you go through OLCC and what was the cost?

Thanks

Liz T.
Jan 04, 2008

lizt16 wrote:
Have any of you transferred your week? For example we own week 38 and want to transfer that to a different week. Basically, selling the old week and purchasing a new week. Did you go through OLCC and what was the cost?

Thanks

We tried to trade two units and get more bedrooms but they wanted us to buy a new week at a higher price they will only buy for less than $5000 or less is what they told us I would suggest just trading the use of the week which would be for a small fee- either call OLCC if they can't help you then exchange through RCI or redweek

Cheryl G.
May 22, 2008

Is it easy to switch weeks. For example, if we had a week 27 would it be easy to switch to a week 11. This one was just bought thru resales and with the new system (points) are they making it more difficult for those who are not on the point sytem to transfer. Do you have to switch to the new system?Thanks

Kim F.
Jan 23, 2009

My family is trying right now to transfer their week 27 to a week 11 thru OLCC and RCI. They have had the request in for some time and have not heard yet if they are going to get it. They are not on point system. They are being told to be optimistic but my family are wondering if they are going to get it. It is less than 2 months away. Is this normal? This is their first switch. I still wonder if they are looking after those in the point system first?

Kim F.
May 06, 2009

I had weeks 3 and 9.

I exchanged my week #3 for week #8 thru OLCC, and entered into the points system.

It all depends on how you got your unit.

If originally purchased thru OLCC, you get a better deal, but if purchased on the after market, you will have to buy another unit in order to trade.

If the transaction takes place, they will credit you for the amount you paid for your original unit, and deduct that credit from the total amount of the new unit.

If you subscribe to the point system, they will mostlikely add an incentive to bring you into that point system.

But basically, the cost of trading your week will vary from 5,000$ to 15,000$ thru OLCC.

Daniel M.
Mar 09, 2021

you dont have to seel your week RCI can bank your week and switch you to another membership is cheap if you own a deeded week unit

Shelley L.
Jan 17, 2024

I have week 11 and would consider renting our place out.

We live in Canada and were thinking about exchanging but I assumed the process was tedious. So I thought rent ours out and use that money to go in Feb

Scott J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.