Mar 15, 2008

OK - I want to sell my timeshare at Orange Lake but I have a few questions. I have 3 weeks that I deposited through RCI - so my weeks from 2007, 2008, and 2009 are in my spacebank and available to exchange. I want to sell these as part of the timeshare sale. How do you do this and how will that work - I guess that means that whoever buys the timeshare won't be able to use the 2008 and 2009 weeks at the home resort since I deposited them already? Please help - its all very unclear to me if this would be an attractive selling point or not. And how about if I wanted to sell those weeks that have been deposited? How would I do that? Thank you in advance!

-MArilyn

Marilyn D.
Mar 15, 2008

marilynd66 wrote:
OK - I want to sell my timeshare at Orange Lake but I have a few questions. I have 3 weeks that I deposited through RCI - so my weeks from 2007, 2008, and 2009 are in my spacebank and available to exchange. I want to sell these as part of the timeshare sale. How do you do this and how will that work - I guess that means that whoever buys the timeshare won't be able to use the 2008 and 2009 weeks at the home resort since I deposited them already? Please help - its all very unclear to me if this would be an attractive selling point or not. And how about if I wanted to sell those weeks that have been deposited? How would I do that? Thank you in advance!

-MArilyn

Best I remember, you can offer weeks already deposited with RCI in your (for sale) ad then request that RCI transfer those deposited those weeks into the buyer's RCI account when the transaction is complete. The buyer can choose to use those spacebanked weeks to trade back into Orange Lake if they so choose.

However, you can't outright sell RCI deposited weeks unless they are transferred with a sale.

If you had already exchanged those weeks with RCI, then you couldn't sell your Orange Lake timeshare until 2010.

If this is wrong, then hopefully someone will come along with the right info, but I believe this is the correct procedure pertaining to deposits with RCI.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 15, 2008 08:31 AM

Mar 16, 2008

marilynd66 wrote:

-MArilyn

Call RCI, the weeks may be lost to the new buyer UNLESS they join RCI. In that case they may be able to gain those two weeks for the sign-up fee to RCI....

Patricia

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.