Travel Tips & Advice

Mexico advice

Mar 27, 2008

My husband and I are planning a trip to Mexico sometime this year. We own through RCI and are deciding which all-inclusive would be best to make our exchange to. The 2 I've looked at and which look good to me are the Casitas Royale in Playa del Carmen and Grand Velas Resort in Nuevo Vallarta. If anyone has stayed at either of these your advice would be appreciated. Also, when would be the best time to visit.

Thanks very much!

Amanda A.
Mar 27, 2008

amandaa39 wrote:
My husband and I are planning a trip to Mexico sometime this year. We own through RCI and are deciding which all-inclusive would be best to make our exchange to. The 2 I've looked at and which look good to me are the Casitas Royale in Playa del Carmen and Grand Velas Resort in Nuevo Vallarta. If anyone has stayed at either of these your advice would be appreciated. Also, when would be the best time to visit.

Thanks very much!

============= You should also check tripadvisor.com, there are usually plenty of up-to-date reviews on that site. Keep in mind that reviews vary. I'll see a great review from someone, but then a poor review from someone else; all around the same timeframe.

Mike N.
Feb 01, 2012

Legal Drinking Age in Mexico:-

The legal minimum drinking age in Mexico is 18; three years before the USA's legal drinking age, which is why a lot of older American teenagers 'fly south' to Mexico for a weekend or longer.

Although it has been rare in the past, requests for proof of age or identification when asking for an alcoholic beverage in Mexico are on the rise. However, it is still nowhere near as strict as the USA, where anyone who looks underage is immediately asked for identification.

Jons S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 01, 2012 11:35 PM

Aug 17, 2017

I recommend you to avoid visiting Cancun during March and the first week of April, this because it's the time of the year when Springbreakers visit Cancun and everything is a lot of wildness at the city. If you're looking for the best time to have a private holiday with your couple, from August to November it's the perfect time of the year for you. We own a membership at Raintree Vacation Club and we try to travel to Cancun every year by this dates. Our favorite hotel at the destination is Club Regina Cancun because it's a hotel where privacy for the guests is important. The accomodations are good and you can enjoy a perfect view of the Caribbean sea during the sunsets from your rooms. Hope that this helps.

John A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.