Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Buy a Timeshare at the atlantis from Redweek

Apr 21, 2008

When you buy a timeshare from someone on RedWeek.com for the Harborside Resort at Atlantis do you get all the amenties you would get if you bought it from Harborside itself.

Jeremy D.
May 09, 2008

jeremyd20 wrote:
When you buy a timeshare from someone on RedWeek.com for the Harborside Resort at Atlantis do you get all the amenties you would get if you bought it from Harborside itself.
Yes you get to use all the amenities except the pools that are exclusive to Cove Hotel and Reef owners--however as far as Starwood goes you are not able to convert your points to hotel stays--as a mandatory resort you will be able to trade within the Starwood system which is a big perk. We have owned there since 2001~

Maria W.
Jun 12, 2008

jeremyd20 wrote:

Yes Jeremy you do. Only the Marriott (to my knowledge) takes away "owner privileges" upon resale. As noted above the Reef and Cove pools are excluded. However, do know that buying a resale unit through Redweek is fine but the Bahamas closing costs are rediculous. For example, a deluxe closing cost is $1688.70. whereas it's usually about $500 in the US (resale timeshare). Not much you can do about it since the law is that it has to be closed in the Bahamas by a Bahamian lawyer. Perhaps the seller would be willing to share this cost.

Patricia T.

Last edited by patriciagayle on Jun 12, 2008 05:42 AM

Jun 22, 2008

There is a difference, google Starwood resales, you can trade with in the Starwood system and you get a free membership in Interval exchange program so you can bank through them BUT you can not bank with Starwood like purchasers through the resort. So youhave to use the year and can't carry over unless you bank through Interval,..... Currently, Starwood does allow you to purchase directly from the resort of any of their resorts and if the Resort seller allows you can get Starwood banking options for prior non-resort purchases, evn if purchase a cheaper resort at a different location. It is my understanding that the resort seller must agree, and set it up that way.

I am actually considering doing that for a 2nd purchase. I am still glad I purchased through redweek because It was soooo much cheaper,,,,,,Lou

Lou P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.