Marriott's Ocean Pointe

3 Bedroom Ocean Point

Jul 02, 2008

Can anyone please let me know how the 3bdr villas are at Ocean Point. I may be looking to purchasing one. Also, how easy is it to trade and or rent. Thank you for your feedback.

T.j. W.
Jul 10, 2008

We have a 3-br unit and it is great. All the 3-br units are ocean front, not ocean view. Sometimes we lock off the single studio unit and use it while renting the 2-br unit with the full kitchen, etc. Or you can trade the single unit with Interval for a 2-br most anywhere, partly because it is ocean front. Or you can book 2 consecutive weeks, one in the studio and one in the 2-br. Or you can bring in all your big family for one week which we have also done. So besides being in truly outstanding resort, you have lots of flexibility. Let me know if you want more info.

Sherrill B.
Jul 10, 2008

Thank you for your reply, that definitely helped!

sherrillb5 wrote:
We have a 3-br unit and it is great. All the 3-br units are ocean front, not ocean view. Sometimes we lock off the single studio unit and use it while renting the 2-br unit with the full kitchen, etc. Or you can trade the single unit with Interval for a 2-br most anywhere, partly because it is ocean front. Or you can book 2 consecutive weeks, one in the studio and one in the 2-br. Or you can bring in all your big family for one week which we have also done. So besides being in truly outstanding resort, you have lots of flexibility. Let me know if you want more info.

T.j. W.
Jul 11, 2008

Some additional info. We also have a 3 br unit at SurfWatch in Hilton Head but that one does not have the lock off capability. In terms of quality of the villa and grounds, I would put OP and SurfWatch about equal. So if you are familiar with SW, you have a good idea of OP quality. Each offers its own special qualities, but both are very family oriented, not focused on singles. Surroundings are of course very different, but Marriott does an incredible job of maintaining them and making them both beautiful places to relax. Our grandkids have declared they want to live at both place.

Sherrill B.
Aug 11, 2008

We are looking to rent a 3-bedroom at Ocean Point on April 4-11, 2009. We have been waiting for almost 3 months for a 3-bedroom to become available on these dates, but no luck so far. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

sherrillb5 wrote:

Pramod S.
Aug 12, 2008

pramod5 wrote:
We are looking to rent a 3-bedroom at Ocean Point on April 4-11, 2009. We have been waiting for almost 3 months for a 3-bedroom to become available on these dates, but no luck so far. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

You might try posting a RedWish stating exactly what you are looking for.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Aug 12, 2008

pramod5 We are looking to rent a 3-bedroom at Ocean Point on April 4-11, 2009. We have been waiting for almost 3 months for a 3-bedroom to become available on these dates, but no luck so far. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Promod5, enter a RedWish as Marty suggested and you'll probably find what you want. I will respond to your RedWish.

Sherrill B.
Apr 09, 2009

We love our 3 bedroom unit also. They are actually big enough for two families, if people need to split costs, Plus, when we want to trade it (since there are very few other 3-bedroom time shares) we always get a wonderful ocean front 2 bedroom unit. dhall

Mark D.
Aug 18, 2009

I think the 3 bedroom option depends on how you plan to use it. We own two 3 bedroom units and 1 two bedroom ocean front unit. My favorite unit for my husband and I ( or when it's just me) is the two bedroom. Regarding the three bedroom, when my husband and I are by ourselves, it's nice to have the 2nd bedroom and lock off the 3rd bedroom. We have 6 grandchildren and two daughters with spouses. We thought the 3 bedroom would accomodate them all but that was when we only had 1 grandchild. It's a little tight for both families now and I've been thinking we should have purchased 2 ocean views, one for each family instead of one of our three bedroom weeks. When they are there we stay in another unit. The good news is that they love coming and want to stay for two weeks so..........we work it out. There are many worse problems. You'll love whatever you buy just think about how you want to use it before you buy.

Milly R.
Feb 12, 2010

They say that they wont bother you now but that will change so you better keep looking. Trust me because I am a mother of 2.

Jem K.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 12, 2010 07:00 PM

Feb 12, 2016

I am looking into renting a 3bedroom. I found one with 2 bathrooms. I am a little concerned Because all the other ones I have seen have 3 Bathrooms. How can that unit only have 2? I

Rosemary H.
Feb 12, 2016

I think the person posting the unit is either in error on the number of bedrooms (3) or the number of bathrooms (2). All the 3 bedrooms have 3 bathrooms. All the 2 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms. But probably want to give the front desk a call just to be 100% certain. Also make sure with the posting person that it is really a 3 bedroom unit.

sherrillbiggers

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.