Timeshare Exchanges

Newbi-Am I Understanding This Right???

Jul 12, 2008

Hello! I'm catching that I can reserve a week with my resort, then get it valued through redweek for an allotment of points, except those points and put it in their exchange. Then chose an exchange of my choice with points of close value (or pay more for more points). Is there any concern to me if my week I gave has been exchanged or not? Will I be able to book my week at my orgianl resort the following year even if no one has chose my exchange? I don't quite understand the 3 years available to use your exchange, how does that not effect my week that starts all over the following year? What am I missing? Thanks for any info given in advance.

Maryia T.

Last edited by maryiat on Jul 12, 2008 09:33 PM

Jul 13, 2008

maryiat wrote:
Hello! I'm catching that I can reserve a week with my resort, then get it valued through redweek for an allotment of points, except those points and put it in their exchange. Then chose an exchange of my choice with points of close value (or pay more for more points). Is there any concern to me if my week I gave has been exchanged or not?

No, it's Redweeks week after it's deposited.

Quote:
Will I be able to book my week at my orgianl resort the following year even if no one has chose my exchange?

Yes, if you deposit this years week into Redweek, it has nothing to do with your week next year at your owned resort.

Quote:
I don't quite understand the 3 years available to use your exchange, how does that not effect my week that starts all over the following year?

It means when you deposit your week this year, you have 3 years to exchange it. Your week that starts all over the next year has nothing to do with the week you deposited this year. You can use your week next year or deposit it.

R P.
Jul 13, 2008

maryiat wrote:
Is there any concern to me if my week I gave has been exchanged or not? Will I be able to book my week at my orgianl resort the following year even if no one has chose my exchange?

No, this year's week that you deposited now belongs to Redweek. Whether someone trades for your deposited week or not for this year has no relation to what you do with next year's week.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.