Timeshare Exchanges

Can I Deposit a Week which starts in less than 90 days?

Jul 16, 2008

Hi, I tried to deposit my week 40 for this year but as check in is Oct 5th, the valuation page won't take anything prior to Oct 13th. Is there any way I can exchange this week this year or am I too late? Thanks!

Sandye H.
Jul 16, 2008

sandyeh asks in part: >> Is there any way I can exchange this week this year or am I too late? << =================================================

Since time is of the essence, you might want to send your inquiry directly to support@RedWeek.com. By just posting here out in the open discussion forums, there is no guarantee that authorized RedWeek personnel will actually ever see or respond to your inquiry. Just a suggestion...

KC
Jul 16, 2008

sandyeh wrote:
Hi, I tried to deposit my week 40 for this year but as check in is Oct 5th, the valuation page won't take anything prior to Oct 13th. Is there any way I can exchange this week this year or am I too late? Thanks!
============== From the "Terms of Service" for the RedWeek Exchange program:

If we accept your unit, you must deposit at least 90 days prior to the check-in date. Valuation requests are accepted no later than 100 days prior to the check-in date, and are a pre-requisite to depositing.

It wouldn't hurt to contact them as they might make an exception especially if your unit is in a high demand area. Keep in mind that if RedWeek accepts your week at this late date, you would not be getting many points.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jul 16, 2008 12:39 PM

Jul 17, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
sandyeh wrote:
============== From the "Terms of Service" for the RedWeek Exchange program:

If we accept your unit, you must deposit at least 90 days prior to the check-in date. Valuation requests are accepted no later than 100 days prior to the check-in date, and are a pre-requisite to depositing.

It wouldn't hurt to contact them as they might make an exception especially if your unit is in a high demand area. Keep in mind that if RedWeek accepts your week at this late date, you would not be getting many points.

Thanks! I did contact them directly and they said they couldn't help but suggested I try renting it. Good info to know for the future, I wasn't aware of the time limit.

Sandye H.

Last edited by sandyeh on Jul 17, 2008 11:50 AM

Jul 17, 2008

sandyeh wrote:
Thanks! I did contact them directly and they said they couldn't help but suggested I try renting it. Good info to know for the future, I wasn't aware of the time limit.
==================== Are you a member of II? There is still time to deposit your week with them.

Mike N.
Jul 19, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
sandyeh wrote:
==================== Are you a member of II? There is still time to deposit your week with them.

Does it matter which company your resort is affiliated with when you become a member of an exchange company? I own Orange Lake, and I believe it is RCI, so could I join II instead? Are there any advantages of one over the other? I had not joined a company up to this point as the plan was just to use the TS we purchased ourselves, but as we have found out, life changes plans! Thanks~

Sandye H.
Jul 19, 2008

sandyeh wrote:
Does it matter which company your resort is affiliated with when you become a member of an exchange company? I own Orange Lake, and I believe it is RCI, so could I join II instead? Are there any advantages of one over the other? I had not joined a company up to this point as the plan was just to use the TS we purchased ourselves, but as we have found out, life changes plans! Thanks~

Yes, it matters which exchange company your resort is affiliated with. Orange Lake is affiliated with RCI only, however many resorts are affiliated with both RCI and II.

You might also consider using Redweek's exchange system as they take both RCI and II resorts.

R P.
Aug 08, 2008

Where and at what resort is your week?

sandyeh wrote:

Rich C.
Sep 14, 2008

jayjay wrote:
sandyeh wrote:

Yes, it matters which exchange company your resort is affiliated with. Orange Lake is affiliated with RCI only, however many resorts are affiliated with both RCI and II.

You might also consider using Redweek's exchange system as they take both RCI and II resorts.

Definitely correct. Although many resorts are affiliated with both companies, some only do one or the other. RCI will take your unit 14 days in advance (Although your trading value will not be that great.) II requires 60 days advance notice. If you are within 60 days and want to go with II- they may allow you to make an "on use" deposit. Meaning they will tentatively allow you to deposit your week, but will only make the deposit permanent if they can find somebody who will travel on it. If they can't find somebody to take it- your week is no longer deposited. Call your resort and see if they will let you exchange the week internally with them. They may take your week if they have other members interested in it and allow you to travel at another time.

Jordyn M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.