Jul 24, 2008

Recently got a confirmed trade from II into Maui Ocean club (traded my master lock-off from Ko Olina ) ; my questions: I cannot tell from my confirmation whether this will be in the new or old portion. Does that get assigned by the resort arbitrarily or do we request? Does the old property even have lock-offs?

Jeff S.

Last edited by jeffs220 on Jul 25, 2008 05:35 AM

Jul 30, 2008

Yes, the old property has lock-offs.

Pat & Mike L.
Sep 03, 2008

Do all of the 2 bedroom units have a lockoff. Looking to buy a 2 bedroom with lockoff, so that you can split it into a studio and a one bedroom.

Dave O.
Dec 10, 2008

This is an old posting, but I just thought I'd reply. Yes, the Maui Ocean Club I (older unit) doe's have a lockoff. Since these are converted Hotel rooms, it isn't very big. I do own at Maui Ocean Club, and I've been told that whatever unit the owner traded into II with is the actual unit you get (they assured me that they don't switch view categories). The best way to check your actual room view is to go to www.marriott.com and go into change room, key in your last name and reservation number. That will pull up your Marriott Reservation (not the II reservation), you can print that just in case they try to switch your view on you. If you hear of anyone wanting to go to Maui Ocean Club for Christmas, feel free to forward my e-mail address (my posting number at redweek: R402751.

Hope this helps! KC in Michigan

Christine M.
Dec 10, 2008

Thanks for the info. I was mainly concerned about getting a true masterBR suite with the kitchen (which is what I depositd from Ko Olina). It sounds like this is not what I will be getting in the old building at MOC. The view is less of an issue.

Jeff S.
Dec 30, 2008

None of the units in the 'old' part of the Maui Ocean Club have full kitchens (not even the 2 bedroom ones). They have a microwave, small fridge, toaster, blender, coffee maker, and dishwasher in the main 'galley' area and in the lock-off part of the unit (the 2nd bedroom) is a microwave, small fridge, toaster & coffee maker. Hope this helps.

Pat & Mike L.
Jul 01, 2009

Although this is an old message, be VERY CAREFUL when purchasing at the Lahaina or Nipilii Towers as there are several 2/2 rooms without lockoffs. The sales people will show you a lock off, however they will not admit you might get stuck with a non-lockoff when you show up for your reservation On my tour this year, I had to explain to the sales person that the 2/2 rooms DO NOT all have lock-offs. Either bad training or ex-car salesman.

Bill E.
Aug 27, 2009

We also bought in the Lahaina towers, told that all were going to be lockoffs. When we went for the first time we found out that they weren't. The salesman insisted that they were all told that the entire building was lockoffs. I now make sure I book the lockoff unit in case we decide to use only one part.

Sandy K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.