Timeshare Exchanges

RCI points vs. II points

Sep 14, 2008

I have recently took a vacation to Charleston, SC, and to get some free tix to local attractions, I attended a meeting with a broker with "Festiva" resorts, and he tried to persuade me into purchasing a set amount of points, which could be used to exchange weeks with any of their resorts, or to exchange my points with II (Interval International), with a small transfer fee. I am really considering the points, but don't know which company is better, RCI or II? Festiva has 26 resorts, but II has like 2000 resorts (including the 26 Festiva has.) Is there another broker company that has more than the 26 resorts, say like 200 resorts? I am just looking to find a way to eliminate that transfer fee if I can. I know there will always be a maintenance fee, but not always a transfer fee. I am looking to purchase, but don't know if RCI is the way to go, or II? Let me know your opinions.

Blake R.
Sep 15, 2008

How are the "points" set up? I must assume these are "Festiva Points", since II does not have a points program (yet). In any case, if you have to book a week with Festiva Points and then deposit the week with RCI or II, I would recommend going with II. If you are allowed to set up an RCI Points account, then an RCI Points membership offers more flexibility.

Regardless of the exchange company, you should be looking to buy any TS on the resale market. Good Luck

II doesn't have a points program yet, so I assume that you would use your Festiva Points to book a week and then deposit that week in your II account for exchange purposes.

Mike N.
Sep 15, 2008

If you are unsure of which points system to buy into, I wouldn't buy now. I would research all timeshare points systems ... however there are many out there. Be an educated consumer before you buy anything.

R P.
Sep 17, 2008

RCI does have a points system, II does not. RCI and II are exchange companies, not timeshare companies. In order to use RCI or II you need to own a timeshare. What Festiva is selling you is a points program within their network, which you could then use in the RCI or II program. If you are looking for a big network you should consider Fairfield/Wyndham or Mariott. If you are looking for a good exchange through II you should look for Equivest (which Festiva just bought, but Equivest has the better exchange program through II than the Festiva club). I own Equivest and although I like the additional resort in Festiva I don't like the way the II exchange works. Since I have exchanged into Mariott, Disney, Hyatt and many 'top' resorts/locations during high season I don't think I will pay the ~ $3,000 to convert to Festiva. The value in my Equivest is in the trading power.

Patricia D M.
Sep 17, 2008

i signed a contract with global exchange vacation clubin July of this year and i want out! obviously, i have missed the 7 days grace period but is there any way to get out of this HORRIBLE contract? i've read all the messages and most people were lucky to have read this forum during their grace period. has anyone cancelled after that period? if so, how did you go about doing so and were you successful?

Gail

Gail G.

Last edited by gailg83 on Sep 17, 2008 10:56 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.