Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Water Park

Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort

Sep 16, 2008

Would like an update on the resort. Reviews I have read are a year old. Is there an indoor pool / waterpark ? Any place to eat close by? Location from Gatlinburg. What is a studio lock off unit? Thanks!!

Chris S.
May 17, 2009

There is an indoor waterpark. It is very nice. Westgate is located on the parkway across from the visitor's center. It is closer to Gatlinburg. The units are very nice. The outdoor pools are usually heated in the winter months. A studio lock off is the small portion of the entire unit that is owned. The owner can use which ever side he wants and then the other can be "locked off" to use later or rent. It is like a small apartment.

Betty K.
May 27, 2009

there is a lovely indoor waterpark. And now they have a great new restaurant on premises with great food and great prices. 2 outdoor pools. I was just there last week and was very pleased. I dont think you would be unhappy with a stay at this great 5 star resort.

Barbara V.
Jan 15, 2010

How far is this from the Wilderness in the Smokies Resort.

Nancy B.
Feb 11, 2010

I had read pools were crowded, did you find this to be true?

Carol W.
Feb 11, 2010

Was it very crowded?

Carol W.
Jul 14, 2010

i got a time share there to becuse its not that far from where i live and my family goes there all the time i found it to be. A nice place they have shuttle bus to carry you about anywhere and pick u up i do suggest one thing get as far away as possable from the front of the check in office get a place in the back if u like it to be peace and quite they have a service to come and get u and bring to the water park and the resutrant and bring u back to your place so you dont have to walk that much the reason why i suggest this cos they got timeshare tours going on most of the day so u have to deal with that if u choose to stay in front they have a sport bar, arcade, spa on site store and a water park if u can get a vip package u can it get a free breakfest , the water park and unlimted coins to use in the arcade, free local calls and dsl service this is one westgate resort that is worth staying at if u plan on buying a timeshare research the prices and get a use one like i did cheaper then u can new plus your mantanice bill be cheaper to so i hope this has help

Chad G.
Jul 26, 2011

We were there the 3rd week in April and nothing was crowded. We had a great time and can't wait to go back. The location is perfect as you can avoid all Gatlinburg traffic as it is just before Traffic light 1

Robert N.
Oct 11, 2011

We were there the 3rd week in June. It was great, this is a beautiful resort.

Peggy E.
Aug 31, 2014

My family of nine just got back from staying here. We had two two bedroom units. I am an owner at this resort. Good stuff: We booked two, two bedroom units, we stayed in building 3000 which was at the top of the mountain so we had an awesome view of Gatlinburg and the surrounding mountains. Our units were in very good shape and were only a couple of years old. We had four kids ages 10 - 3 that enjoyed the water park and the pools. Westgate keeps the grounds in very good shape, there isn't a lack of staff for that, just when it comes to housekeeping.

Disappointing stuff: Upon arrival we had to wait two hours for our unit to be ready. We went upstairs to the little bar they had up there. We waited 10 minutes before the only person working the area acknowledged us and just said "have a seat, I will be right with you". We had been traveling for 12 hours so we sat in a booth, 15 minutes later without this person stopping by I went downstairs to check the status of our room. The desk agent said that only one unit was ready in which I replied thats good enough, lets go. She got our concierge and I called our group down from the bar and we went to our room. The concierge explained the policies and amenities and said he will bring the keys to the other unit when it's ready, which only took another 15 minutes. Next was our trip to the "smokehouse Grill", the main restaurant on site. It was 6:00 and there was hardly anyone there on a Friday night, this should have been a clue to what was coming. We sat in an area that was being remodeled(?) and the waiter took our drink and appetizer orders. He then returned to take our dinner order. He made a couple passes while we were waiting (forever) for our food. We were the only table he was waiting on. The food was medium priced and OK tasting, nothing special or award winning like they advertized. When we were done with our meal we asked for some take home boxes which he took his time delivering. He dropped them off and before I had a chance to ask for my bill he ran off to his newly seated table. We waited another 15 minutes before we finally got up and went to the cashier to ask for our bill. I explained my frustrations to them, only got a "so sorry" from them. I paid the bill, no tip for the horrible service and we left. During my "meeting" on the next Thursday with the Concierge I told him our story and he said it's the biggest complaint they have.

Overall it was a fun week with our family. I had to suffer through their standard sales pitch which lasted four hours before I got up and left from. There is allot to do off site so take advantage of that.

Jeffrey C.
Jan 11, 2015

I have owned a 2 bedroom lockout on building 1000 for about 10 years. I use it every other year so pay maint. fees every other year. In the time I've owned it, the maint. fees have gone from about 400 bucks to 855 bucks this past year. I've been happy with the quality of the place, but always have hated the sales pitch offered... which I always turn down. This past week I had a nice week (January is slow time in Gatlinburg with no crowds but stores are open).. but this time I said YES to the sales pitch. I regretted this the next day and learned I have 10 days to rescind my so I wrote letters and gave them to the financial mgr, sales mrg, and mailed copies to headquarters. I hope I will not have too much hassle doing this. But now I have become angry because they took several hours of MY vacation time and talked me into something I really did not want. I had to spend MORE of my vacation time to learn how to rescind this and get out of further entrapment. For this reason alone I do not want to have a timeshare any more with them. I am selling mine this year.

Dave S.
Jan 12, 2015

Yes there is an indoor water park and pool. it has two water slides and plenty of things for small kids to do. Eating - we had a horrible experience with their onsite restaurant. Horrible service, food was below average and the place was dead ( now I know why) and they stuck us in an area that was under renovation when there was plenty of places that were available that were not being renovated. If you want to go off site, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburgh are very close and have allot to offer. The facilities are very nice, stay away from the "meeting" with the representatives. They will tie you up for hours. Just say NO!

Jeffrey C.
May 19, 2015

That's a shame. I am also an owner and last I was down there was 2013. Had a great time and found the food and the service to be good. the only complaint was getting the units I had requested, very poor communication between the resort and the reservation desk. All in all beautiful resort.

Phil H.
Oct 19, 2015

We own a One Bedroom Deluxe unit every odd year. It has 2 full bathrooms, 2 full size beds in the huge bedroom with a large jet tub. There is a pullout sleeper in the great room with a gas fireplace. We slept 6 adults and two toddlers quite easily. The food in the restaurants on site has improved greatly. This July (2015) they opened a third outdoor pool. It is an infinity style at the very top of the mountain. We went during the peak time starting on July 5th. We always were able to get all of us together at the pools and for dining. We think the service was great and the food was great too. We did not have any of the bad experiences mentioned above. Dave.

David L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Oct 19, 2015 11:34 AM

Dec 05, 2021

A lot of changes are happened now at Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Water Park.

The indoor waterpark is open for the families of all ages. I think you will love the thrills, spills, splashes, and unending fun that comes with the best water park in Tennessee. Really good place to go for fun and enjoyment.

Mark Splashtacular

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.