Point Systems

Wyndham Fairfield VIP membership Question

Jul 26, 2011

arpan3 wrote:
I would say to buy fairfield fareshare plus point s from the resale markets attached to the VIP membership.
1. To the best of my knowledge, any and all "VIP" status and privileges disappear completely once a "VIP" ownership is sold off in the resale market. "VIP" (of dubious value anyhow, imho) can only be attained via developer-direct (i.e., from Wyndham) purchases.

2. Wyndham renamed Fairshare Plus points to Club Wyndham Plus points several years ago. Just a name change, but "Fairshare Plus" no longer actually even exists in the Wyndham vocabulary.

3. Wyndham points packages are available in the resale market for pennies these days (see TUG, eBay, etc.). On any day of the week, packages of 154k -- 182k (or more) Club Wyndham points can be found offered for FREE (closing costs and the new, larcenous $299 transfer fee imposed by Wyndham on all transfers, as of May 2011, may or may not be included with these "free" offers).

4. $15,000 for 360k Wyndham points is about $14,750 MORE than what the current resale market is commanding for 360k points --- REGARDLESS of whatever exorbitant amount Wyndham may have sold that package for in the original developer-direct transaction...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 26, 2011 01:50 PM

Sep 11, 2011

do u really want to knopw what your points are worth, go on ebay.

Doug W.
Sep 12, 2011

dougw113 wrote:
do u really want to knopw what your points are worth, go on ebay.
...or take a look in the "Bargain Deals" forum on the Timeshare User Group site (http://www.tug2.net). There, on almost any given day, you will see packages of 182k (or more, up to 300k) Wyndham Points ownerships being given away FOR FREE by their owners.

Of course, there is really no such thing as "free" with a Wyndham ownership transfer. Wyndham now charges $299 (since May, 2011) to "process" ANY ownership change, so even for a "free" Wyndham Points resale, either the donor or the recipient is going to have to pony up that $299 to the get the ownership transfer processed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 13, 2011 10:03 AM

Aug 23, 2012

I think it is time for Wyndham help get resale values up, they could let all purchases qualify for all VIP levels. that can only happen if owners request this action & not buy at presentations.

Wally W.
Oct 12, 2012

id sell mine for 10 k

Bill F.
Oct 13, 2012

billf4 wrote:
id sell mine for 10 k

Don't hold your breath waiting for a buyer in this economy.

R P.
Jan 03, 2015

Is this still true? Has anyone done this and received a legitimate status upgrade with Wyndham recently?

belanger wrote:
Typically you need to by directly from Wyndham, however there are some exceptions. For example if you are already a Wyndham owner you could have your parents/siblings buy Wyndham points on the resale market and then a year later have them transfer the deed to you which would essentially wash the resale aspect and these points would count toward VIP status for you.

Julie B.
Jan 03, 2015

That won't work. A parent can transfer VIP eligible points to their child and it will still be VIP eligible. Transferring non vip eligible points to a child would still result in non vip eligible points. The transfer between parent and child doesn't make points vip eligible it just keeps the previous eligibility intact.

Tracey S.
Jan 04, 2015

There are still many loopholes in the system. You can message me what your trying to accomplish and I'll be happy to explain how to do this. I know this system inside and out.

Angela R.
Jan 04, 2015

message voluntarily deleted

Julie B.

Last edited by julieb698 on Jan 04, 2015 02:48 PM

Jan 04, 2015

angelar285 wrote:
There are still many loopholes in the system. You can message me what your trying to accomplish and I'll be happy to explain how to do this. I know this system inside and out.

Is there another way to message you? I am new to this forum.

If I wanted to raise my VIP status to the next level, is there a way to do it without buying points from the developer?

Julie B.
Jan 04, 2015

angelar285 wrote:

I have 507,000 points & would like to know what loop holes you may know on getting VIP status, I purchased all but one contract online. If i can't get VIP I will be giving away all points for closing & transfer fees

Wally W.
Jan 06, 2015

From previous posts it looks like angelar285 works for or owns a company that manages other peoples VIP accounts and rents out reservations using those points. I don't know if the loop holes he knows are going to help you get your account up to a higher VIP level.

Tracey S.
Jan 06, 2015

I have 507,000 points & would like to know what loop holes you may know on getting VIP status, I purchased all but one contract online.

Wally W.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 06, 2015 01:58 PM

Jan 06, 2015

Are your points resale? How many deeds, what year did you purchase them?

Angela R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jan 06, 2015 04:26 PM

Jan 06, 2015

Not as familiar with this platform but looks like you can't send direct messages through here like tuggs. Email is angela5svr@gmail.com if you still would like help. This really isn't that difficult as everyone seems to think.

Angela R.
Jan 08, 2015

angelar285 wrote:
Are your points resale? How many deeds, what year did you purchase them?

Only one deed purchased from Fairfield in 1997. Other 5 deeds purchased on resale market, purchased from 2007 - 2012.

Wally W.
Jun 23, 2017

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/brinkmann-on-business/os-bz-timeshare-cancellation-fraud-20170618-story.html

Great success story!!!!

Sara M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 23, 2017 02:47 PM

Jun 29, 2017

The 28,000 points was called and instant exchange. It actually did work. I did it several times. Now the instant exchange is 35,000 points for the week.

Sara M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.