Westgate Branson Woods Resort

purchasing directly from westgate

Jan 06, 2009

My husband and I are getting ready to upgrade. We are signing contracts to purchase a four bed floating at branson lakes at emerald point. We recently purchased a two bedroom every other year at this same westgate resort. We have not had the opportunity to use any of our benefits, but prior to upgrading and committing $40,000 I was wondering if anyone with experience with Westgate had any advice that can be offered. I am very anxious as we have had some contract issues and told many things that have proved to be false. Specifically I am wondering is this location really desirable when exchanging and would we be better off shopping around and buying from a previous owner rather than directly from westgate. Any advice would be greatfully appreciated.

Stacey H.
Dec 22, 2021

Do not do it, my opinion. My experience is that the Resort, at least the Branson Woods Resort arbitrarily restricts usage. They actually refused to let me stay in the building I own in while telling me others were staying in the building I own.

Further, Westgate sold me usage of Building 3000 in gold season week 1 - week 7, and the Building is not open the time period sold. Learn from my mistake. This is probably too late, but I hope you protected yourself and refused the upgrade.

Juanita B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.