Timeshare Exchanges

Marriott Owners: Exchanging with each other

Jan 14, 2009

I would be interested in participating in a web site or group that will post Marriott units for exchange with other Marriott owners. We all know that Marriott properties, as a general rule, are a step above many of the others and we would like to maintain that quality and expectation level at any resort we exchange into. The request first program through Interval may work somewhat, but they cannot even tell us how many requests are ahead of us for the same resort for any particular week...you would think that such would be easy. I would also like to see a program for Renting Marriott units that shows what the actual market rental rate for Marriott units is, not just the asking price. Then we could rent our weeks out at an accurate rate for both the owner and the renter. Marriott had a great rental program awhile back in which they had respect for their owners. Apparently, Marriott management wanted a bigger piece of the pie expecially from those owners who were renting their units in Aruba and Hawaii. We never expected such disloyalty from Marriott. Help with either of these subjects are welcome. Thanks!

Bob H.
Jan 14, 2009

As a Marriott owner and member of Interval International you receive an II Resort Directory for Marriott Vacation Club members. Go to page 18 in the 2008-2009 directory and there you will find instructions for internal exchanges with other Marriott owners. You as an owner have a 24 day priority over other non-Marriott II members. We exchange exclusively within the Marriott II network using our personal advisor and always exchange for other Marriott properties to be sure of getting "quality for quality". We have done this for over 15 years and have never been disapointed with our exchange. You never know what you will end up with when you go outside of Marriott for an exchange.

Maybe as a Marriott owner you already know about internal Marriott exchanges and are looking for an informal network outside of both II and Marriott. Good luck with that! As far us, we will continue to do what has worked for us over the years.

Carvan A.
Jan 14, 2009

Ditto to what Carvana said. We have been owners since 2002, and have used the internal exchange program through a personal vacation advisor, and have yet to be disappointed.

Charles G.
Jan 16, 2009

Try Ownertrades.com. It is a site for Marriott owners only. Their membership fee is very reasonable. Good luck Chuck

Chuck A.
Jan 29, 2009

I, too, am looking for a more effective way to exchange with marriott owners and found ownertrades.com. Of course, what I'm looking for isn't out there yet, but I'm trying.

I would definitely like to understand the Marriott trading program with Interval because I've talked to two reps at Marriott and two reps with Interval in the last week and when I ask about Marriott priority, I have not gotten any confirmation that they do this. It's really bizarre because that was what my expectation was, but I'm not getting any help. Can anyone recommend a particular vacation counselor who can help me with this?

Jennifer

Jennifer A.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 29, 2009 10:43 PM

Jan 30, 2009

At Marriott, I use Craig Landford. He has always been very helpful and does find the answers if he does not have the immediate knowledge.

Bob

Bob H.
Jan 30, 2009

Thanks! I'll definitely ask for him.

Jennifer A.
Feb 28, 2010

I could not agree more...did anyone ever get a response from redweek or Marriott? Interval can be somewhat of a frustrating process. Look forward to hearing if anyone has figured out the process.

GO

Gary O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.