Timeshare Companies

Diamond resorts should be sued

Jan 30, 2009

Seriously - since they bought out Sunterra this has been the worst customer service / rip off / everything bad about Timeshare scams come to life. I have regretted this decision and will NEVER BUY TIMESHARE AGAIN. Sure I will now use them for discounted stuff but and any other way to get back as these vacation nightmare scenarios.

Steve R.
Jan 30, 2009

Hell yeah they suck like all other timeshare scam operators

Steve R.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jan 30, 2009 11:10 PM

Feb 16, 2009

I was willed this Nightmare..after many times of explaining I did not want to join "THE CLUB" they charged me anyways ...now i'm stuck for another year..they claim the paper work for withdrawl was never recieved...yeah right ..not what the signiture says from USPS..SCAMMERS I HATE D.R.

Bortiz O.
Mar 09, 2014

This thread is five years old, but it still rings true today.

Yelp needs more reviews: http://www.yelp.ca/biz/diamond-resorts-sedona

Robert R.
Mar 10, 2014

This is still true the love you if your buying and hate you if not. At lease Sunterra the sales people were honest and didn't rush you to make a decision to buy. The owner is the biggest phony and is only worried about the buck.

Bob L.
May 20, 2019

Diamond and Redweek are scammers indeed. I PAID Redweek to GIVE AWAY my Diamond timeshare points for FREE, THE ARE FREE, and they have done NOTHING. They will be reported to the Better Business Bureau.

Deborah R.
May 20, 2019

My name is Lorna and I'm The Full Service Manager for RedWeek.com.

Perhaps, you didn't receive my email. We are sorry that you feel that our Full Service Resale option is a scam. But it’s important to know that there are a very large number of point owners who are also trying to give their ownerships away, so the market is saturated.

We currently have eight Diamond owners giving away their points and the point packages on those 8 range from 3000 points up to 51,500 points.

Unfortunately, Diamond is not taking the point packages back, so they are hard to dispose of and we can absolutely understand your disappointment. Because your posting expires in November, there is still hope. We will absolutely continue to market them and if an offer to purchase comes in, we will absolutely let you know.

Lorna Q.
RedWeek.com
May 20, 2019

We were at Sedona in the fall, they were selling points to new victims, they of course didn't want to buy ours back from us, next time I may picket in front of the scam den (marketing office)and let potential buyers know what they are in for, that now I cant GIVE AWAY these points they are now scamming people into taking out second mortgages to pay through the nose! Its unethical.

Deborah R.
Sep 05, 2019

Run! They lie to you about the contract to get you to sign. The points have no value. Worst financial mistake of my life. They will mercilessly rape you financially. They didn't care that they ruined my wedding with all the deceit on what they said was possible. I trusted them with the most important day of my life and all they did was steal thousands of dollars and give me nothing in return. Nothing they promised was actually reality. It is a SCAM!!!!

Bryan H.
Dec 03, 2019

All their contracts have an arbitration clause and this keeps them out of court with individuals. They win in arbitration because the lies the salesmen told you don't matter, only their written contract.

Robert R.
Jan 02, 2020

I have a different situation with the Diamond Resorts Sampler that I agreed to purchase. I was unable to continue making my monthly payments after experiencing financial hardship. Never used any of the Sampler points. I called twice to get an extension after I explained my situation but all they say is that I will lose my invested payments if I don't pay remaining balance. (And even if I got caught up with payments, I would only have 2 months to use all my points!) It doesn't sound fair to lose my money for something I never used! I never expected my partner's pension to be delayed and cause this hardships. What other options are available for a partial refund?

Silvia T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.