Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Outrageous 2009 Maintenance Fees

Mar 04, 2021

Has anyone successfully relinquish ownership after the mortgage is paid, to avoid further maintenance fees?

Mario Alex J.
Mar 05, 2021

I actually started this thread back in 2009. I was asking questions regarding expenditure and getting no answers or any engagement at all. It was so obviously a very well structured scheme for extorting money from owners without any real accountability. I set up a facebook owners group back then and through that made contact with someone who just walked away. I then did the same myself many years ago. I ignored correspondence and eventually I got notice that they had taken the deed back in settlement of outstanding fees. I never got any calls for a debt collector, nor any attempts to contact me other than mailed letters. I should add that I am not a US citizen so it may be different there. Although I lost my purchase price, I was more than happy to be out of the trap of paying exrobitant fees each year as these units don't have any resale value, regardless of what anyone tells you. Best of luck with it..

marioalexj wrote:
Has anyone successfully relinquish ownership after the mortgage is paid, to avoid further maintenance fees?

Paul L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.