Timeshare Exchanges

disney vacation club

Mar 27, 2009

is it like totally impossible to exchange my las vegas timeshare for a dvc timeshare? So far I have been unsuccesful. Maybe there are not a lot of units available at the disney vacation club resorts for exchange?

Allison P.
Mar 29, 2009

allisonp9 wrote:
is it like totally impossible to exchange my las vegas timeshare for a dvc timeshare? So far I have been unsuccesful. Maybe there are not a lot of units available at the disney vacation club resorts for exchange?
At what Las Vegas TS do you own? Is it affiliated with II or RCI (DVC recently switched to RCI)? To get to DVC, the trading power has to be pretty strong and Las Vegas might not have it. Or if your TS an RCI Points resort, you may have better luck going that route,but you may have to wait till next year.

Mike N.
Mar 31, 2009

I own at Tahiti Village which is with II. But disney still has their resorts with II as well as RCI I guess. The disney resorts just never seem to be available for exchanges. I really wanted to stay on the resort property.

Allison P.

Last edited by allisonp9 on Mar 31, 2009 05:17 PM

Apr 01, 2009

allisonp9 wrote:
I own at Tahiti Village which is with II. But disney still has their resorts with II as well as RCI I guess. The disney resorts just never seem to be available for exchanges. I really wanted to stay on the resort property.
I'm not sure if any DVCs which are available via II are just the ones that have been deposited prior to the switch to RCI, or owners may be grandfathered to deposit in either system.

There is a DVC forum on tugbbs.com. You can get more information there.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Apr 01, 2009 07:15 AM

Aug 08, 2011

There is also the idea of selling your timeshare to another person and then using that money to buy the disney one. You could also just trade it with someone who has the Disney one for the year as well. There is a lot of different ways to get around it.

Beth

Beth C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 08, 2011 08:54 PM

Aug 08, 2011

bethc189 wrote:
There is also the idea of selling your timeshare to another person and then using that money to buy the disney one. You could also just trade it with someone who has the Disney one for the year as well. There is a lot of different ways to get around it.

Beth Vacation Hotels in Orlando

I doubt she could sell her Tahiti Village timeshare in Vegas (if she could sell it at all) for enough money to buy into the Disney resorts .... Vegas is one of those over-developed timeshare resort areas such as Orlando and Branson and has much more supply than demand.

Disney is only one of a handful of timeshare resorts that's held it's value in this declining market AND I also doubt seriously she could snag Disney in an exchange for her Tahiti Village week ... pulling Disney is all about the supply and demand of the week owned and the resort .... some Marriots, Westins, 4 Seasons, Atlantis and other high end timeshares, according to which weeks owned, would probably snag a Disney in an exchange.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Aug 08, 2011 10:44 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.