Harborside Resort at Atlantis

UTILITY CHARGES AND MAID SERVICE-

Aug 11, 2009

Hi,

We are going to Harborside Atlantis in September and the concierge at Interval International told me that there is a $15 utility charge PER PERSON PER DAY at this resort! This is to cover utility and maid service. We are 5 this will cost us $600 if they count our departure day!

We got an exchange through Interval International.

I read in this forum that there were no extra fees.

Could someone help me

Thank you

Darquise L.
Aug 17, 2009

We are also going in September.i beleave the maid servise is optional. so you dont pay if you dont use? What was the responce to your post?

Bob S.
Aug 18, 2009

I still do not have a clear answer! I read somewhere that there were no extra fees, but the concierge at Interval International said that he checked with the resort and that these fees ARE MANDATORY.

Did anyone go to Harborside through an exchange with Interval International and were you charged utiliy fees even if you did not want the maid service.

Darquise L.
Aug 28, 2009

Checkout the link below (Terms and Conditions) are you doing a package deal? https://www.harborsideresort.com/previewOffers.php and http://www.starwoodvacationownership.com/harborside_resort_at_atlantis/announcements.jsp

Den O.
Aug 29, 2009

I bought a week from the owner and they claim the mid week maid service is included in my all encluisive price including park entrance and tax.Any additional maid service is a addition expense to me.The owners services 877-782-7496 cofirms. My agreement also cofirms. I hope i dont have to deal with this on my vacation.

Has any one had to pay even if it was confirmed to be included?

Bob S.
Sep 02, 2009

Bob, you should be clear with no more charges. I think the OP has an issue since he/she is trading the week with points.

You should indeed have paid for everything .. no more charges at all for you. No maid, no service, no park fee, no tax ,, what you paid should cover ALL.

You get one included maid service. It is something like Tues or Wed, depending on your check-in day. You'll need to stop at Harborside pool wach AM to get your armband, that grants you rights to all park attractions, Atlantis beaches, the works. Take the Atlantis bus service to any tower you want (free) all day long. Although it looks like a short walk to the Royal Towers, it is not too quick since it snakes around the harbor. Take the shuttle. Anyhow, enjoy!

John C.
Sep 20, 2009

you will not be charged b/c you rented from an owner. And are treated the same. It is possible that the resort charges RCI exchanges. The resort lets you rent directly from them also and you do have to pay these fees if you book thur them as well as higher rental fees. It is the best deal to rent from an owner and not from the resort directly.

Zezee H.
Sep 20, 2009

Hi everyone,

Just came back last week it was wonderful and we had NO EXTRA CHARGES!

We had traded one of our fixed week unit at Sheraton Vistana in Orlando(not points) for a two bedroom at Harborside through Interval International. They did a full cleaning of the unit mid-week for free. The concierge at Interval International had told us there would be a $15 charge PER DAY PER PERSON!!! Maybe they should verify their facts before giving us advice! This is not the first time that we get wrong information from their concierge!!

Thank you all for your advice on bringing coolers with Food!!! We figured it would have cost us over $1500 to eat for the week for a family of five!!! and NOT IN FINE DINING EITHER!! (examples: muffin, coffee and juice $10, sandwich and small bag of chips $10, basic pasta with NO SEAFOOD OR MEAT $38 (with no appetizer or dessert!)

We brought frozen filet mignon, prepackged roast beef, turkey, ham, fish etc... we ate all our meals in the unit and ate better than anyone else! Bacon eggs for breakfast, burgers for lunch etc...

Do not count on the grocery store! there is not much except canned goods! You will pay $20 for A STEAK!! WE had bought frozen filets mignons and ate them for dinner one nignt with vegetables (delicious! and it did not cost us the $58 that the steakhouse was charging for theirs! and it did not even included the vegetable- potatoes $8 etc...

Bring your food or you can expect an added $1500 plus on your bill!!!

Darquise L.
Sep 22, 2009

Yeap... glad you listened to the advice here to pack lots of food. Honestly, it can be the key to the whole trip, IMO. I return again over Thanksgiving week, so my wife and I were joking about packing a frozen turkey!! We won't go that far, but I assure you that our baggage and carry-on's will contain much more food than clothing.

John C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.