Timeshare Exchanges

Flamingo Beach St Maarten

Sep 12, 2009

Hi

My husband and I own a timeshare at the Flamingo Beach, week 42 in St Maarten. We are considering selling . As I was viewing the resale prices for the Flamingo, I noticed that the maintence fees for 2009 are all different. How can that be? Our maintence fee total was 1008.79 for 2009. There are listings for $798. Should'nt all the maintence fees for a Studio be the same? \ I am not sure what is going on since Diamond International took over the resort. I would like to hear from other owners.

Thanks, Helen

Helen Z.
Sep 13, 2009

In their haste to post ads some people don't take the time to look in their files to find what their last maintenance fee was and it's possible some people may be giving false info concerning their maintenance fees, posting them lower than they actually are.

R P.
Sep 14, 2009

helenz8 wrote:
Should'nt all the maintence fees for a Studio be the same? \ I am not sure what is going on since Diamond International took over the resort. I would like to hear from other owners.

Thanks, Helen

Doesn't Diamond charge fees based on the number of points a member owns? Maybe the owners who pay less MF than you have less annual points.

Mike N.
Sep 14, 2009

I do not have points. I own a fixed week yearly. I am not sure how the point system works throught Diamond.

Helen Z.
Sep 14, 2009

helenz8 wrote:
I do not have points. I own a fixed week yearly. I am not sure how the point system works throught Diamond.
Maybe it could be a funky way the charge for MFs based on the "season" or soem other factor. At teh New Hampshire TS which I own, the MF can only go up a certain percentage each year. But to account for any loss of $$$, new owners were charged a higher MF than owners who have had there units for many years. As a result, there are different MFs for different people, based on when the unit was purchased.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.