Harborside Resort at Atlantis

all inclusive at Harborside

Oct 01, 2009

Could anyone tell me about the two options of the all inclusive plan at the resort, I read that there were two meal options which one had to be purchaesed. Have never been there. Is it part of the Atlantis or just close to it or what? alyce

Alyce G.
Oct 08, 2009

I am not even sure what you are aking, to be honest. If you rent a condo room at Haborside, you do not have to have any meal plan. In fact, I would suggest that you NOT eat at the resort much at all. Look at the other threads on this board about packing your own food to save lots of $$. Get a soft-sided cooler bag and pack it with frozen meats and meals. You have at least 2 stove top burners and a microwave with convection oven setting on it. Use them.

Also, look at the other threads here about Haborside. It is part of the Atlnatis resort. It is a 15 minute walk around the harbor to the Royal Towers, or just jump on the free shuttle busses to any of the towers. In other words if you are stay at Harborside you are staying at Atlantis and have all access to that stuff. The only difference is you are paying LESS than the usual guests who have one simple room, and you have a big condo with kitchen.

John C.
Oct 13, 2009

We are also interested if anyone has any information on the meal plans or any reasonable restaurants. We have never been to Atlantis and have no interest in cooking dinners in our room at the Harborside. Any experience with the meal plan or restaurants on or off the property?

Skip G.
Oct 13, 2009

http://www.harborsideresort.com/conciergeServices.php

Contact the concierge for current plans and rates. Expect to pay through the nose. I would not do it, personally... but to each their own. Good luck.

John C.
Oct 15, 2009

We have been owners at Harborside for 10 years. It is definitely expensive to eat out everyday there with a family. We have typically eaten out about 3 nites and then cooked in the remainder. A couple of ideas: 1 - if you like Italian go to Carmine's in the Marina Village. It is reasonable and good and you can bring back to the villa the leftovers and have it again 2 - take a cab and go off of Paradise Island. We went to the Poop Deck this year and the food was very good and reasonable. Your cab driver will come back for you and overall much less expensive than eating on the Atlantis property. 3 - take a cab into Nassau to the local supermarket, you can some simple items there for lunch and dinner that you don't want to carry from home. 4 - definitely do as has been suggested and bring some food with you in your luggage even if just snacks and cereal, you will be glad you did.

Lynn R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.