Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Wyndham Points Transferable from EBay???

Feb 14, 2010

I just signed up with Wyndham even though I see their contracts for MUCH cheaper on Ebay. Their sales rep told me that if I buy off of the second market "You better really like where you buy from because you're only getting use of that facility". I wanted the flexibility of the point system so I signed. Is what he said true?? Otherwise, I want to cancel. Some Ebay sellers say that Wnydham just has to "recognize transfer of ownership" and I can use the points at other places. Will they do that, and if so, what will I have to do additionally? Also, if anyone has information on how easy it is to book other places with the points I would greatly appreciate it. I know this is long but I'm new and excited about my prospects, but I don't want to be stupid about it either. THANK YOU for your expertise :)

Theresa E.
Feb 14, 2010

DO NOT BELIEVE that lie! Resale buyers are treated the same by the company, although resale doesn't get whatever VIP benefits you would get through buying from the developer, like reduced point vacations and unlimited housekeeping fees (which you only get for Gold and Platinum memberships). Wyndham guides are very happy to help you get a vacation anywhere you want to go, and you can book online as well. I love the flexibility of a points system, especially at a time when RCI is devaluing our ownerships by giving us poor trading power on our weeks and renting exchange inventory to the general public.

We own a few million resale points and have been very pleased. Don't do a lot of short trips, so you won't have to pay those housekeeping fees. Keep your trips to one week vacations for the best use of points without extra fees. You can get Bonnet Creek during off-season times for 112,000 points, and for most people, the cost of that week is only $650.

That's all there is to it. Timeshare salesmen are terrible liars. I cannot believe they get by with the lies. It seems they are never going to get regulated.

Cindy/Rick M.
Feb 15, 2010

Rescind today by USPS, certified mail, return receipt ..... you don't have to give a reason, just say you changed your mind ! Until you know everything there is to know about timeshare ownership, don't buy anything.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.