Travel Tips & Advice

Help do we go to Mexico with the travel warning or not!!??

Mar 18, 2010

If anyone can help with suggestions or advice much appreciated. Suppose to be going to Puerto Vallarta for first week of April. Looks like this is a dangerous time and we shouldnt go. My return flight (Delta) was also just changed and they want us to spend the night in Mexico City now and will now take us 2 days to return home. Which I DO NOT want to do with 3 teenage daughters. Any advice is appreciated much!!! Looking to possibly go to the carribean now for the first week of April if anyone has anything open.

Connie R.
Mar 20, 2010

PV is very safe, we were there beginning of February. The gangs and drug wars are near the border from what I have read.

As for Delta, call them and complain, if you didn't have a lay over before. OUr flight was PV to Atlanta direct via Delta, no layover

Be firm but courteous, if you had a direct flight before, Delta can probably find something for you.

60-70% of PV economy is due to tourism, they will take care of you. But I can't speak for Mex City.

Phil S.
Mar 21, 2010

Thanks for responding. My initial flight with Delta was PV to Mexico City to Atlanta to Orlando, all in one day.

Because a flight time changed I was not able to make my second flight home which was then causing me to spend the night in Mexico City, which we refuse to.

The worst of this all is that they never called to even tell me of this change. I found it myself while viewing our flights. Delta nor Orbitz either one called to notify us. They said they do not have any flights for me to get me home in one day and they offered my money back.

But now because I am leaving in less 2 weeks the flights are much much more now and I am stuck paying the higher price if we still want to go. I did buy insurance and they said they do not pay for this and Delta has offered nothing except for my money back.

Connie R.
Mar 25, 2010

Seems to me too much anxiety for you. I would not like flight change either. Get your money back, book cheap package trip elsewhere.

Good luck!

Vicki Y.
Mar 26, 2010

Re: How safe is it to travel to Cancun in May ? Timeshare was already reserved and tickets were purchased for my family for last week of May.

Imelda M.
Aug 17, 2017

Traveling to Cancun on May is safe. Between 80-90% of the income at the city is based on tourism, this is why they care a lot of keeping the city and tourists safely. We have visited Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta and Cancun due to our membership in Raintree Vacation Club, and Cancun is a very nice city (we stayed at Club Regina Cancun and everthing was nice). So, if you travel nearly to this destination, relax and prepare to enjoy just as most of the people on vacations does at this destination.

Emma B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.