Timeshare Exchanges

Deposit 2Bed LockOff or make 2 1 Bed Deposits?

Mar 25, 2010

Hi all,

I have a 2 Bedroom lock-off unit at Harborside Atlantis. I'm wanting to deposit that week with Interval International and my question is thus:

Should I deposit as 1 week for a 2 bedroom ? Or deposit as two separate 1 bedroom units?

When I eventually do exchange and find somewhere to use those weeks, it will normally be in Europe and there never seems to be much choice so I don't think I get full value if I deposit a 2Bed week as the properties that show up on searches when I've previously looked to exchange aren't nearly as good or as plentiful as those in North America / Caribbean.

I really don't know how the game works with exchanges and would appreciate advice from anyone who has thoughts on the issue.

Many thanks!

Paul L.

Last edited by paull97 on Mar 25, 2010 04:07 AM

Mar 25, 2010

It depends on what you want in a future exchange .... if you want to exchange into a two bedroom, then I'd deposit it as a two bedroom lockoff (one bed on each side), but if you don't mind exchanging into a one bedroom, then I'd deposit the lockoff as two different units.

R P.
Apr 20, 2010

Did you ever think about renting your unit? You'd probably get enough $$ to cover your costs for a Europe trip. You could rent them together or separately (and deposit the other lock-off)

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.