Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Maintenance fees when purchasing biennial resale

Mar 26, 2010

If you purchase an odd-year biennial timeshare with the 2011 year as the first utilization period, which party is responsible for the 2010 maintenance fees? For example, if you purchase the odd-year timeshare in May 2010 and the 2010 portion of the maintenance fees are already paid by the seller, does the buyer generally reimburse the seller for the entire 2010 maintenance fee? Does the buyer reimburse them for the portion of 2010 that they own the timeshare? Or does the seller generally eat the 2010 fees?

Mark S.
Mar 26, 2010

I was under the impression that maintenance fees are paid only for the odd/even year's usage .... in other words, you shouldn't have to pay maintenance fees until your usage year of 2011 .... however, I could be wrong.

R P.
Apr 01, 2010

I'm no expert, but that is the way mine is set up. There is no 2010 portion, I only pay in the odd years.

Carlos H.
Sep 29, 2022

If you purchase a biennial ownership, can you still have access to RCi during your off year for their special deals and non-point travel, or even carry-over unused points to you non-use year?

Melvin O.
Sep 29, 2022

In th Marriott system you pay 1/2 the MF each year. I really don't have an idea of how that would work for a sale on an off year.

Jim F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.