Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Starwood Star Elite Program / Starwood Points System

Jan 01, 2011

Would appreciate your opion if The Starwood Star Elite Points Program is worth it? I currently own a 2 bedroom in Plantitum Season at Harborside, so I would have to purchase another timeshare in program to get to the Starwood Elite Status. I could purchase a less expensive property in Starwood Flordia for example for every other year - this would get me info the Starwood Elite Status. Its my understanding if I purchase a Starwood property directly from Owner, it would provide with Starwood Options, but it would not allow me to upgrade into Starwood Elite Status.

Appreciate your opinons on (1) Do you like the Starwood Points Program for staying at Hotels? Is this worth it? Do you use your points for hotels, cruises, air flights ?? (2) Is it worth it to purchase another starwood property direct from Starwood to get into the Starwood Elite Status Program?

Thank for your reply, and Happy New Years !

Bob

Robert C.
Jan 01, 2017

4 Star elite owner here. If I knew then what I know now we would'nt have bought any. Maintenance fees are ridiculous and go up every year. the points for hotels are going up all the time, but the amount you get for your timeshare never will. Even though we are paying way too much to keep them in great shape. The timeshare companies love it when you turn in your timeshare to fill in maybe empty hotel rooms while they rent out your timeshare for top dollar. win,win for them. Point systems always can and do get modified always benefiting the time share companies. We can and do rent out our Hawaii westin 2bdrm lock off for $3600/wk. We could turn that in for one week in a hotel room in Hawaii,I think unless they have raised the hotel points again. None of this addresses the fact that the timeshares are worth 33% of what people are paying for them, if they are lucky. Hope this info helps

Mark & Oran O.
Jan 01, 2017

We used our points for hotels such as the W in Miami, Los Cabo's we were in a suite which opened to a patio on the neath. Otherwise not worth it if you have a big family . You can. On dry for airfare too.however We never should have bought in the first place... the owners are the winners all around

Dolores F.

Last edited by frederickf14 on Jan 01, 2017 12:56 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.