Travel Tips & Advice

Anyone have reason to distrust booking travel through NTHC

Mar 04, 2011

I've booked four units at a 4 star resort through National Help Time Share last Nov. 2010 for arrival dates this April 2011 and paid them in full. To date, the resort only confirms 2 units in my name, and although I rec'd confirming #'s from NTHC LONG AGO, the resort does not recognize any bookings for my other two units? I seem to be getting a runaround now from NTHC.

Conrad R.
Mar 13, 2011

National Help Time Share aka NTHC Travel is NOT a reputable company. they misrepresented the unit they rented us and then lied and "spun" about the obvious problems and refused to make any accomodation. They act very nice and sweet until they get your money...then WATCH OUT!!!

Peter D.
Mar 13, 2011

Peter301--

Sorry to hear about your negative experience with renting thru NHTC. Was this very current? Any more details you can share?

I hope I will not be reporting anything similar when my four couples check into the Tucson Gulf suites early April. I have already expressed some concern with them in my previous message?

Conrad R.
Mar 13, 2011

Yes it was just this week tyhat ended today. the unit was on a very noisy street in New Orleans (far away from Burbon Street in a supposedly quiet neighborhood) where the area bars blasted loud music till 4am every night. No one could sleep! we stayed thru Mardi Gras because there was no alternative anywhere within 100 miles and then had to leave 4 days early so we could get some sleep. they had no alternative accomodation and kept lying about and then tried to blame me for not telling them sooner even though they could produce no alternative accomodations and refused any refund. Once they have your money you are totally at there mercy. I gave up dealing with them because they refused to do ANYTHING or answer any questions directly. Not worth risking a vacation on them they are not reputable....... Hope this helps

Peter D.
Mar 13, 2011

Thanks for the add'l insight! I'll be sure to post my experience after we return Apr. 20th.

Conrad R.
Mar 14, 2011

Peter contacted me originally with an interest in three nights of a 7 night reservation at the Frenchman 519 in New Orleans during Mardi Gras. He stayed 3 nights returned home and contacted us on March 11 stating he was requesting a refund for 4 nights and it was too noisy and he could not stay at the resort. Ironically he was able to stay for the three nights of the stay that he had originally inquired about. Our confirmations clearly state that we must be contacted at the time of the problem and given the opportunity to rectify the situation. We were not contacted once during the stay nor does the resort have on file any information that the guest complained to them. All of our confirmations have an 800 number and my personal cell number which I carry and answer 24 hours a day. Noise on the street at a resort during Mardi Gras would be a resort or even a police issue. Certainly not something a rental company can control.

The guest purchased and received a one week reservation at the Frenchman 519. Although NTHC Travel was in no way at fault in this situation, the guest was offered $100 off any future rentals if he choses to take advantage of that.

Cindy T.
Mar 14, 2011

My Rosetti I personally spoke to the resort and all 4 reservations are there and confirmed in your name. If you have additional questions feel free to contact me at one of the numbers listed on your resort confirmation and enjoy your stay!

Cindy T.
Mar 14, 2011

peter301 wrote:
Yes it was just this week tyhat ended today. the unit was on a very noisy street in New Orleans (far away from Burbon Street in a supposedly quiet neighborhood) where the area bars blasted loud music till 4am every night. No one could sleep! we stayed thru Mardi Gras because there was no alternative anywhere within 100 miles and then had to leave 4 days early so we could get some sleep. they had no alternative accomodation and kept lying about and then tried to blame me for not telling them sooner even though they could produce no alternative accomodations and refused any refund. Once they have your money you are totally at there mercy. I gave up dealing with them because they refused to do ANYTHING or answer any questions directly. Not worth risking a vacation on them they are not reputable....... Hope this helps

The owner of NTHC has no idea concerning noises in the accomadations she rents out .... how could she .... she merely made your reservations and confirmations that you asked for.

Also, it's not her fault that the management had no alternate accomodations (it WAS MARDI GRAS week). I think you're lucky to have gotten anything at all. Perhaps you learned a good lesson that you're not a Mardi Gras type person.

I once lived a 4-1/2 drive from NOLA, but never had the desire to attend Mardi Gras due to the extreme crowds, partier's and noise, however we did go to NOLA on other occasions .... we even owned a timeshare there.

We also once owned a timeshare in Daytona Beach and made the mistake of making reservations during Bike Week one year .... we swore we would never do that again. Bikers kept us up all night, but thank goodness it was only 2 nights then Bike Week was over.

Even in non-Mardi Gras weeks, when one stays in a French Quarter street front hotel room, the noise is loud all night. We always stayed in accomodations that weren't French Quarter frontage and requested the back of the hotel (ie: Place D'Armes on St. Ann) .

It's not NTHC's fault that you couldn't stay the 4 extra days that you paid for due to noise.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Mar 14, 2011 12:36 PM

Mar 15, 2011

Another set of lies and spinning.

You make your own decision, trust them or deal with a reputable firm... the decision is easy. Do NOT BOOK TRAVEL THROUGH NTHC TRAVEL . aka National Timeshare Help ( as in they help themselves to your money)

Peter D.
Mar 15, 2011

peter301 wrote:
Another set of lies and spinning.

You make your own decision, trust them or deal with a reputable firm... the decision is easy. Do NOT BOOK TRAVEL THROUGH NTHC TRAVEL . aka National Timeshare Help ( as in they help themselves to your money)

If you think you're going to destroy NTHC's good reputation by repeating your own self made problem, then you're wrong. Anyone with a brain can tell that you're a disgruntled man who thought he could get something for nothing due to noise. As NTHC posted above, it's not her company's problem concerning noise during Mardi Gras (or any other noise at any other resort) .... if you had a complaint you should have taken it to the police although they would have more than likely laughed in your face during Mardi Gras.

My suggestion would be to move on.

R P.
Mar 15, 2011

now they are showing their true colors.

facts really are that I did not ask for a refund for the Mardi Gras time

they originally said that they could do nothing because I didn't caa at the time but then inadvertantly admitted that they had no alternative accomodations

when I did follow their rules and ask for an alternative they refused to provide the name of the other location (why??? because there was none

Now they are trying personal attacks

Lets go with this why not continue your denial of all facts but take the high road, keep your $100 credit, give me $0 and DONATE $250 to the RED CROSS in New Orleans and help those people who are still very much in need. That will show what kind of reputable company you are.

Peter D.
Mar 16, 2011

What a surprise!! When it comes down to proving that they are reputable NTHC disappears. if they can't lie and sling personal attacks they are gone!

Put their $ where there mouth is?? No Way!

Why risk using NTHC National Timeshare Help Center? Yeah... they help themselves to your cash

Peter D.
Mar 19, 2011

peter301 wrote:
When it comes down to proving that they are reputable NTHC disappears. if they can't lie and sling personal attacks they are gone!

Put their $ where there mouth is?? No Way!

Why risk using NTHC National Timeshare Help Center? Yeah... they help themselves to your cash

I have no affiliation of ANY kind with NTHC, but I DO know that NTHC has a solid, well established reputation among (THOUSANDS OF) well experienced timeshare owners and users on TUG.

Your personal "beef" seems to me to have no substance or merit whatsoever. As already discussed (ad nauseum) in your complaining over in the TUG forums, you rented a full week in New Orleans from NTHC during Mardi Gras. You then used only a few days of the week-long rental and yet you then somehow expected (quite unreasonably) to get a "refund" for the unused days.

Newsflash --- your timeshare rental was for a full week. You are not entitled to ANY "refund" simply because you CHOSE not to stay for that full week.

Additional Newsflash --- Mardi Gras in New Orleans is a "party time"; it's noisy and chaotic. To complain about "excessive noise" in NOLA during Mardi Gras is very much like complaining about getting wet after voluntarily jumping into a swimming pool...

Sorry pal, but your accusatory and juvenile rant is just unwarranted (and very annoying) whining. You don't have a leg to stand on in this matter. Case dismissed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Apr 09, 2013 04:09 AM

Apr 02, 2013

I booked a timeshare through this company for Easter week 2013. We had a couple misunderstandings but Amy was great. She worked so hard to fix any problem. I think customer service is her priority. Avoid misunderstandings by specifying exactly what you expect to be in the condo you rent. If it is important to you specify it. I would book through NTHC again.

Twila M.
Dec 22, 2017

Any news?

Ron J.
Dec 27, 2017

Fwiw, I believe that NTHC is a very small (only one or two people) operation. Principal's name is Cindy Townsend, with an address in Virginia and one in Florida.

NTHC / Cindy T. basically acts as a a "middleman", renting out weeks for owners (for a commission) and also looking for weeks for people seeking rentals. I believe that she is honest, although there have certainly been some "bumps" in the road, notably involving a dishonest (outright larcenous, actually) female in Georgia a few years ago, but I believe that situation was subsequently and satisfactorily resolved.

NTHC often (including currently) has a significant number of "last minute (i.e., within the next 45 days) rental offerings" posted on the Timeshare Users Group web site. You can rest assured that if NTHC was not legitimate that NTHC would be booted off the TUG site promptly and permanently.

I personally have no need for NTHC "services", but for those who cannot find (or conduct) a rental on their own, or don't want to expend the time and effort to do so, it is an option to consider. At least NTHC is an operation with real people with real names and real addresses and an established track record --- unlike some of the obscure and unknown "middleman" Internet entities, where you sometimes cannot even accurately determine with whom you are conducting business in the first place.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 23, 2018 04:53 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.