Apr 29, 2011

Considering renting a timeshare week. Could someone explain (or tell me where to find) exactly what the difference between waterfront, ocean view, ocean front and waterview are? I'm new at this, thanks!

Lee W.
May 03, 2011

All of these units are facing the ocean, beautiful picture window with the ocean filling it, however some may also be above the pool or garden area when out on the balcony however they all face the ocean. Don't know why they show different views because this is the only timeshare I am aware of that everyone has an ocean view out their window and balcony. It is nice!

Lisa H.
Nov 23, 2011

I agree, we bought at the MFC in 2005 and have returned every year. The only thing is that these villas are getting rough around the edges and need to be refurbished with new furniture etc... lots of where and tear, you need to book in one of the "new" buildings.

George T.
Jun 01, 2012

Its a island all are waterviews. The bay where the boats come in from the ocean, the ocean sideand the side I call the bay where town is. Hope this helps

Debbie C.
Jun 09, 2012

Would love to know what are the best things to enjoy on St.Thomas

Dabney O.
Jun 11, 2012

The best things to enjoy....beaches in St. John, take a ferry...beaches in St. Thomas...Rumbaba Charters Day Sail, best sail ever, great crew, do not miss it...great restaurants and shopping too! Marriott will be very helpful in getting a list of items that will personalize your vacation, they were great when we stayed.

Lisa H.
Jun 11, 2012

Thanks for the input! What and where is Rumbaba Charters Day Sail? Why do you prefer them to the rest and whats the cost? Dabney Odell

Dabney O.
Jun 12, 2012

Its an island All views are of the water St Thomas has a ocean side but the Cove faces the side of ocean where the cruise ships come in and out. Looks great at night when the boats leave. Also there is a water view of town . Almost every view has water. Some view are of the pool area but that faces the water also. Hope this helps

Debbie C.
Jan 14, 2014

Newer bldgs are higher up; therefore, to get to the pool or beach, you may have to go through three different elevators. You need to make sure you're at least on second floor, preferably third for best views, ocean front, if you can get it. The early bird gets the worm. Also, the older bldgs directly adjacent to the pool, are all being refurbished. Our unit was completely redone. Beautiful. We really like the older bldgs. It's a must if you are handicapped in any manner. Those are also the loosest bldgs to the walkway over to the hotel and other pools, shops, restaurants, and large beach on the ocean. Note: the cove's beach is easy to get in nd out of, no waves, but go in next to the little pier to avoid rocks, and stray sea urchins, and the drop off. That way, you can hold on to the new pier.

lim14 wrote:
All of these units are facing the ocean, beautiful picture window with the ocean filling it, however some may also be above the pool or garden area when out on the balcony however they all face the ocean. Don't know why they show different views because this is the only timeshare I am aware of that everyone has an ocean view out their window and balcony. It is nice!

Robbie Lane J.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.