Hacienda del Mar Resort

New Purchase Questions

May 04, 2011

Looking to buy after trading into HDM through RCI. Any thing I should know about the resort from an owners point of view and what's the transfer process?

A G.
Oct 15, 2011

We love the resort,but were told we could sell our week on their site, for an astronomical price, which of course was just their sales pitch,which cost $599 to sign up for. After doing so, we had no success to date (two years). If you buy in the after market,you will get a great deal for a great property.

Leona N.
May 01, 2012

We too purchased because of the "sales pitch" regarding selling your week at an astronomical price. Yes, after $599 to sign up,no success after 2 years! Only buy in the after market and what a deal with Redweeks.com (wish we know that before paying full price!)

Leona N.
May 01, 2012

Thanks for responding. I have seen the units as low as $100 depending on size, length of term remaining,etc. Does anyone know of resale price ranges for the master or presidential units? Also, the dues for the presidential seem very high..$1500 plus/year. Any comments.

A G.
May 20, 2012

Unfortunately they keep going up every yr and have a cap of 6%!!!

Debby A.
May 20, 2012

Thanks for responding on the cap. I didn't know about that. I suppose they push the limit each year on the dues. Any info on what the units are actually selling for?

A G.
May 30, 2012

We were told the same thing ~ we have complained to the sales manager the last few years we used the resort.

Colleen O.
May 30, 2012

Small world.......I live in Bend also. Anyway, I was looking for alternative sites that might provide additional resale info. Thanks for responding.

A G.
Feb 18, 2014

I was just told the Hacienda Del mar does not allow splitting of the Penthouse units into smaller lock offs anymore. Like splitting into 2 Master Suites, 3 junior suites. We planned on splitting a Penthouse into 3 junior suites and going down for 3 weeks in a row when I retire.

Daniel H.
May 11, 2014

We were told the same. They allowed it before. When we bought it were were told we could split.

Lynn B.
Jan 19, 2015

I split my week in a 3 bdrm penthouse into a 2 bdrm and jr suite in 2014 and for this upcoming year.

Jane L.
Jan 19, 2015

Jane ,Did you buy from the resort or did you purchase your unit aftermarket?

Daniel H.
Jul 18, 2015

I love the resort? I am a new owner. I wish I would have bought off market much better deals. But I love Cabo and I love Hacienda Delmar and it's worth every penny to go there.

Bonnie S.
Jun 11, 2016

What kind of price can you realistically get with a Presidential unit? I see the hotel rate at $900. Could I come close to a guaranteed rental at $500 a night?

Or are these units usually empty, and no takers?

Armada H.
Feb 22, 2017

help -we need some direction...we want to buy a timeshare in Cabo San Lucas Hacinda del Mar but have no clue where to begin! We were told to do on our own vs. the sales center, however, we have not been able to find anyone-thing that seems secure.

Barbara M.

Last edited by barbaram1020 on Feb 22, 2017 01:06 PM

Feb 22, 2017

We split our units every year and never have a problem.

danielh152 wrote:
I was just told the Hacienda Del mar does not allow splitting of the Penthouse units into smaller lock offs anymore. Like splitting into 2 Master Suites, 3 junior suites. We planned on splitting a Penthouse into 3 junior suites and going down for 3 weeks in a row when I retire.

Jane L.
Oct 04, 2022

Does Hacienda Del Mar still allow splitting the Penthouse for two or three weeks?

William M.
Oct 05, 2022

We bought a HDMar week off this sight nearly 10 years ago for an amazing deal! We have never regretted it!

Jane L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.