Ask RedWeek

¡Resort transfer fee or recording fees, as applicable

May 13, 2011

Anyone out there know the dollar amount these fees would be for Mystic Dunes Resort and Golf Club in FL?

Michael K.
May 13, 2011

michaelk576 wrote:
Anyone out there know the dollar amount these fees would be for Mystic Dunes Resort and Golf Club in FL?
I don't know this resort, but a quick phone call directly to the resort itself will promptly reveal their current transfer fee (if any). Since these fees can (and do) change (always UPWARD), it's best to get current info directly from the horses' mouth.

Recording fees vary in Florida by individual county. Figure on somewhere between $18-$40 for recording fees for a customary timeshare deed. You can likley find the precise fees online by visiting the web site of the County in which this particular place is located.

KC
Jun 01, 2011

I have $210 for this resort as of today. The transfer fees can change day to day.. They are going up in many of the resorts due to members not paying their maintenance fees etc.. I've seen them go up by hundreds at a time..I have a business that releases owners from their timeshare and I have a list of resorts and fees, that's how I know . hope this helps

Debbie S.
Sep 27, 2018

Any chance I could get an up to date copy of that list? That way no more surprises when I think I am getting a cheap week. Thanks.

debbies455 wrote:
I have $210 for this resort as of today. The transfer fees can change day to day.. They are going up in many of the resorts due to members not paying their maintenance fees etc.. I've seen them go up by hundreds at a time..I have a business that releases owners from their timeshare and I have a list of resorts and fees, that's how I know . hope this helps

D O.
Sep 27, 2018

d1089 wrote:
Any chance I could get an up to date copy of that list? That way no more surprises when I think I am getting a cheap week. Thanks.

The post you are responding to (by debbies455) is over 7 years old, so I doubt that she will respond now --- 7 years later. A few observations follow:

1. It would be impossible to maintain any such "list" accurately. Maintenance fees at every resort change virtually every year (usually upwards and usually by 4-5% over the previous year --- sometimes more, seldom less). The best source for current and accurate maintenance fee information is each individual resort.

2. Transfer fees (imposed by a resort or its' management company when a timeshare ownership changes hands) certainly don't "change daily". In fact, they rarely change at all. A general rule of thumb would be to expect a $100 transfer fee (although Wyndham charges $299 and Hyatt and Hilton both charge over $600). For "non-chain", independent timeshare properties, you should anticipate the transfer fee to generally be around $100 per deeded ownership change.

3. Closing costs (i.e., new deed prep, official recording of new deed) charged by independent closing entities also generally remain very steady (except that some greedy eBay resellers routinely gouge buyers with truly excessive closing costs). This cost is unrelated to and completely separate from any applicable resort transfer fee. There is no good reason for closing costs to exceed $200 or so (not including any applicable resort transfer fee).

4. debbies455 claimed 7+ years ago to have "a business that releases owners from their timeshare" --- a bogus claim that is complete BS and utter nonsense. No such (lawful) "business" exists and no one on Planet Earth possesses any such magical “release” powers. Accordingly, I would summarily ignore that entire bogus and error-filled post; I don't see much within it that is factually accurate or or at all credible.

debbies455 wrote:
The transfer fees can change day to day.. They are going up in many of the resorts due to members not paying their maintenance fees etc.. I've seen them go up by hundreds at a time..I have a business that releases owners from their timeshare and I have a list of resorts and fees, that's how I know.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 03, 2018 04:29 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.