Club Regina Los Cabos

Current conditions at Club Regina Los Cabos?

Jun 26, 2011

Just wondering if there has been any changes ( +/-) at the resort. How do most people feel about the increase in annual maint fees? We fought the assessment and are now protesting the increase but we recently received notice from a collection agency to "pay up or have our credit slammed". It seems like there must be some cap to how much they can charge per year? I could not find any refrence to one in our paperwork. If the resort if headed towards insolvency they will continue to try and jack up fees? We are thinking of selling but the units do not appear to be marketable. I hate the thought of just giving it up after paying it off. Thoughts from the group?

John J.
Jul 04, 2013

I was there twice in 2013; in January and in April. The staff continues to be their greatest asset. Maid service in rooms great, service at the pools great, adult pool activities well-planned and fun if you participate and the rooms are renovated. The wireless in the room is now up and working which was a plus. That being said, the maintenance fees seem to be increasing about 7% per year which I find unacceptable as mine has gone from $435 in 1998 to $1097 for 2013. When I look at Redweek postings I see maintenance fees all over the board; where do they get their fees from? During my April trip I could see something was up (possibly up for sale again???) since one day all the chairs at the pool had towels already on them and people were walking around looking the place over and taking pictures. Something is going on. I still think Club Regina is clean, but I have had to call and have maintenance come to the room to replace lightbulbs etc. They have, however come right away to do it. It is an older resort and it is showing its age now, but I still enjoy getting away from our winters there. I have tried to get into the Grand Regina, but each time I try it is always book well in advance.

Gail D.
Oct 10, 2013

What can I do? No one wants to cover the annual maintenance when I try to rent my weeks?????

Priscilla C.
Jan 18, 2015

As owners we are told the club will not be open until July 2015

Phyllis L.

Last edited by phyllisl97 on Jan 18, 2015 07:54 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.