Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Corporate Events Sales & Service (CESR)

Oct 21, 2011

I would like to personally and sincerely thank you for that in-depth research which confirmed for me, sadly, that this elaborate, rather ingenious scheme appears fraudulent. You and others mentioned their address not checking out. I FedExed my initial papers to their Oklahoma City address, and it bounced back to me, undeliverable.

On the subject of the Transfer Fee, since it's supposed to go to the resort, I mentioned I wanted to check it out with them. This he seriously didn't want me to do. He claimed that since the resort doesn't want us selling our properties to big corporations (because they want to maintain their family image,) and if they knew about a pending sale, they could delay things for quite a while, so the message was clear not to call the resort. Another red flag. Thanks again and I hope they get these guys.

Eric H.
Oct 21, 2011

They have contacted us too - trying to buy our Mayan for a very large sum. BBB in Oklahoma City could not find their physical address - same with the BBB in Virginia found a vacant lot for the Calderman smythe escrow company that CESAR is using. I think they are a scam. The Mayan has received numerous complaints about them. Mayan also said that CESAR has not purchased any timeshares from them contrary to what CESAR told us.

Tanita N.
Oct 23, 2011

Thank you for your valuable information about CESR. You have saved us a loss of about $4000.00. They are slick, aren't they?! And oh, so convincing! I'm glad I found your comments before this "deal" went any further.

Mary D.
Jan 26, 2018

Wow I know this is old from 2011 but someone just contacted us about our Mexican vacation property. From corporate event planning. They have a legit website and answer when I call. It first started with a call a week ago then to a similar offer in writing wanting to buy 10 weeks off our membership because of the PGA coming they need rooms. I’ve been going back and forth with the guy asking questions, signing nothing, but the contract reads vert similar to the above post. Why and how are they doing this. It does sound to be good to be true that’s why I started researching this..and found this old thread

Jp P.
Jan 26, 2018

jpp4 wrote:
Why and how are they doing this. It does sound to be good to be true...

They keep doing this because timeshare "owners" keep falling for this scam.

So hopefully you won't be their next victim.

Lance C.
Jan 26, 2018

Okay ....... here it is in a nutshell . They say they want to buy ten weeks of your membership . That means they should be paying you for your weeks . As soon as they ask for money from you then you know it's a SCAM . Somewhere somehow they are going to ask you to send them money for some made up reason . As soon as that happens bells and whistles should go off and big red flags should be flying everywhere . Please let us know what happens down the road .

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jan 26, 2018 06:03 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.