The Ritz-Carlton Club, St. Thomas

Ritz Carlton Club - best family investment (my story)

Oct 14, 2011

We bought into the Ritz Carlton Club over 8 years ago and have rented our three weeks each year. With those rental proceeds, we have covered our dues EVERY YEAR.

The nice thing about the Ritz Carlton Club (as an OWNER) is that you are then able to use what's called "Space Available" time at the St. Thomas Resort and at all the other Ritz Carlton Club resorts worldwide (Maui, Lake Tahoe, San Fran, Vail, Bachelor's Gulch, Aspen, Bahamas, Florida, etc) at nightly rates of $150-$200/night (estimate). Amazing prices for unparalleled luxury, value. But only as an owner though.

We have used these overflow nights in the winter, spring, summer, and fall. More than money, the family memories have been priceless. If interested in learning more, contact me.

Mark S.
Nov 13, 2011

Mark,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your experience with the Ritz.

By reading your message about the Ritz, it appears that there is no internal exchange available between the properties, is that right? For example, if I owned in Aspen, I could not trade for Lake Tahoe; I'd have to rent it out and use the proceeds to look for a "space available" (SA). Do you know the availability of this SA? Is it all off-season? Does it come from unsold developer inventory?

One last question, please: If I buy not directly from the developer but on resale, do I lose anything, such as ability to acquire SA rooms?

Joseph F.
Jun 09, 2012

Dear Sir, Wasn't there a person several months ago who listed all his favorite things to do on St.Thomas? I am trying so hard to find the list for our family of 8 and cannot seem to locate it. Please help. blessings. dabney odell

Dabney O.
May 26, 2018

Hi, Sorry to resurrect this old topic but I was wondering if the original poster (or other Ritz owners) traditionally rent their weeks via Redweek or another source because I don't see much activity on Redweek.

Vitaly R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.