Timeshare Companies

Vida Vacations & Grand Mayan lies

Jan 09, 2021

I would strongly recommend completely disregarding the above mention (or was it a subtle referral?) regarding "LoneStar Transfer". Whoever or whatever they might be (and I certainly have no idea), please rest assured that there is absolutely nothing they (or anyone else) can do to somehow magically terminate a valid and voluntarily signed contract once the rescission (cancellation) period has passed. BBB rating is completely meaningless, by the way, so pay no attention to that.

If you feel that you were either defrauded or unduly pressured (or induced with alcoholic beverages), you can present your case to PROFECO for their intervention. However, if it's simply a matter of belated "buyer's remorse", they will not help you in any way.

The above suggestion to flood social media with negative input regarding your experience is actually a good one. Not only will you help inform and warn others, you might also persuade the Mexicans to voluntarily terminate the contract, since they certainly don't need or want a lot of negative Internet exposure if they can avoid it. As already described above however, such an effort will require a significant amount of time and effort --- and persistence. In any event, good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jan 09, 2021 12:33 PM

Jan 09, 2021

I googled them and they are referred to a a scam exit company . NEVER pay anyone money upfront that claims they can get you out of your contract !

Don P.
Jan 10, 2021

Contact your credit card company & put in a dispute. People have had good success with this. You should be able to get your money back.

Laura B.
Jan 26, 2021

Hello, we just bought a “Limitless Vacation” Package at a Vidanta presentation. After reading all of your nightmare experiences I’m feeling we made a mistake. Does anyone know if I can cancel this program I bought? It’s not ownership with them. It’s a discount 2 yr travel plan, but I already caught them in a misrepresentation.

Michelle G.
Jan 26, 2021

you should be able to there should be a 5 day cancel they will not be nice fyi

Neil A.
Jan 27, 2021

Again, contact your credit card company & put in a dispute.

Laura B.
Jan 28, 2021

laurab848 wrote:
Contact your credit card company & put in a dispute. People have had good success with this. You should be able to get your money back.

This is the best advice. It is exactly how I got my $ back a long time ago. Fight big guns with bigger guns. Good luck.

Anne T.
Feb 11, 2021

Does anyone know anything about Royal vacations? I am looking at having them find renters for some of my vacation weeks.

Ro G.
Feb 11, 2021

rog5 wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Royal vacations? I am looking at having them find renters for some of my vacation weeks.

Just do not pay anyone an upfront fee to rent out your weeks. If this company is legitimate, it will take its cut out of the proceeds of the rental.

But just for good measure, you do not really need to employ a third party to find renters. You can list your unit for rent here on RedWeek.

Lance C.
Mar 02, 2021

People struggling to get out of timeshares are taken in by Vida Grand Mayan. This Hilton member contacted me. Vida/Vidanta Destinations promises to get rid of an unwanted timeshare. They say Timeshare Retail Marketing will sell the timeshare they have. All TRM does is refer to SellMyTimeshareNow. The buyer doesn't know this until they see the SMTN ad. Preying on those already struggling is despicable.

Vida Vacations December 20,2020. Our dispute is regarding the verbal agreement they made with us, that their 3 rd party partner, Timeshare Resale Market, would be able to sell our Hilton Timeshare with a balance of approximately $18,000. We have learned that our timeshare with a balance is impossible to sell, we have been seeking to cancel the Vida agreement and get our down payment back. We also have a separate fraud case with Timeshare Resale Market for charging us $7199 to sell our timeshares that they said have a value of $6 a point.

Irene P.
Mar 02, 2021

I have yet to have anything positive to say about their sales people. They are heavy pressure sales and what you are sold is not what you get from my experience.

Brenda S.
Mar 02, 2021

It’s a scam. We got into this and it was impossible to book anything. Vidanta is a ripoff.

Karen P.
Mar 02, 2021

Unfortunately, this is the notorious Vida "trade-in" scheme. If a prospect states that they own another timeshare and can't afford 2 timeshares, the salesman pulls off a "discount" from list price and then takes the second timeshare as a "trade-in." The discount is imaginary, and the prospect buys the Vidanta product. The link with TRM is only a verbal one. It is not part of the contract with Vida. If TRM can't give it away or sell it, the new customer is stuck with 2 timeshares. Best bet is to talk to Customer Service at Vida - not sales. Customer service is purported to have a soul. Sales does not. TRM usually charges a small fee upfront, then asks the customer if they want to go forward. They will often return the original timeshare back to the customer if they are displeased. (They have lost nothing). If initial negotiations fail, be aware that Vida does not like to see their name smeared all over the complaint sites. Might be an option.

John I.
Mar 03, 2021

Yes Royal resorts a great company. I own there

Debi P.
Mar 03, 2021

You are stuck if you didn’t cancel within 48 hours

Karen P.
Mar 04, 2021

karenp498 wrote:
You are stuck if you didn’t cancel within 48 hours

This statement is simply not correct. The contract rescission period in Mexico is actually 5 days.

Here In the U.S., a very few states (only 3 states, to be precise) have a contract rescission period of only 3 days. In most U.S. states, the contract rescission period is 5-7 days (although it's 10 days in both Florida and Tennessee). I do not believe that a cancellation period of "within 48 hours" exists anywhere.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 07, 2021 04:53 PM

Mar 04, 2021

Does anyone have any experience with "fastest exit?" They claim to be able to get money refunded through legal action.

Robert K.
Mar 04, 2021

robertk1141 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with "fastest exit?" They claim to be able to get money refunded through legal action.

I personally do not "have any experience with fastest exit" but almost any company that claims it can get you full refunds after your rescission period has expired is probably a scam.

Has this company told you how much it will charge? What are you looking to get refunded? Your down payment?

Lance C.
Mar 07, 2021

robertk1141 wrote:
...."fastest exit?" They claim to be able to get money refunded through legal action.

Nonsense. I've never even heard of them, but you can rest assured that the only "fastest exit" that will occur with them is the fast exit of money from your bank account straight into theirs, with no other subsequent results. No "legal action" can just magically dissolve a valid, lawful and binding contract --- let alone obtain a "refund". That claim is just absurd.

There is an old saying that "A fool and his money are soon parted". Don't become someone proving that to be true.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Mar 07, 2021 10:49 AM

Apr 09, 2021

Elaine, depending on where they fished for you to get you on the sales presentation. If they got you outside of the resort to sell you on it they will give you excisions pr other I sent Ives to come in and sit trough the presentation and their sales pitch that it doesn’t end unless you buy something it seems like. For most people it’s hard to know what’s the whole deal about until you are deep in it

elainef88 wrote:
I don't know what gift you're alluding to...once you attend the presentation you are entitled to a discount of 10% on your final bill. They can't hold back on that and you can argue that at the front desk. I'm not aware of other gifts but perhaps they are dangling incentives to new purchasers. For me my time is worth more than any giveaway they can offer. But I see your point...not everyone would get up and leave.

Gerardo A.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.