Timeshare Companies

Stay PC Rentals question

Jan 10, 2012

I was contacted by a representative from Stay PC , a timeshare rental middleman, about renting my unit that is listed on Redweek. He is contacting me on behalf of another client he has. Are these third party transactions safe in general and does anyone have experience as an owner renting to Stay PC specifically?

Tom L.
Jan 11, 2012

Did he contact you via the RedWeek messaging system? Or did he phone you unexpectedly?

If he contacted you through the RedWeek messaging system, then it is usually a sincere inquiry. In order to contact a RedWeek member through RedWeek's messaging system, that person has to be a paid member, which usually sifts out spammers and scam artists.

Just remember though, never pay anyone (including RedWeek members) a large upfront fee to rent out (or sell, market, or "cancel") your timeshare. Also, be leery if he says he can rent it out for a large amount such as double your maintenance fees.

If he phoned you unexpectedly, I would be leery of that too and lean towards calling it a scam.

Lance C.
Jan 24, 2013

what ever happened with this company? They are contacting me to purchase my unit.

L W.
Jan 24, 2013

If they called you it's most likely a scam. Nobody is going to offer you money out of the blue. Avoid the scammers.

Don P.
Jan 28, 2013

They contacted me also today saying they have someone ready to rent my timeshare. They sent a contract and will send the money via PayPal. Did you use them? We're they legit?

Brett R.
Jan 28, 2013

What happen? Was it a scam?

Brett R.
Jan 29, 2013

Read the contract word for word. You will probably see that they only offer to advertise your property. Believe nothing they tell you. You will be bound by the contract that always favors the company. They are scam contracts that states they are off the hook if they don't rent it. It's a SCAM.

Don P.
Jan 29, 2013

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink .... seems like some people have to be scammed at least once to get that message.

R P.
Feb 08, 2013

I've been getting the same (many) e-mails from Staypc. Did you decide to go forward?

Linda B.
Feb 08, 2013

StayPC.com works as a third party ..... when someone requests an area, arrival date and departure date on their website .... StayPC then peruses Redweek for that information and when they find what they're looking for they up the rental rate to pay their commission.

People could find that rental just as well themselves by perusing Redweek and therefore saving the commission paid to StayPC ..... they do seem to be legit company going by the research I've done if Redweek doesn't mind middle men using their website to snare customers.

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Feb 09, 2013 07:11 AM

Feb 08, 2013

I did not like the fact that every time i got an email from them it was a different person with only the first name no last. I called them and left a message and the person did call me back from a block number. Seemed nice but i just could not do it.

Brett R.
Nov 23, 2013

I also had numerous contacts with different people at this place. They had inquired about a timeshare in Aruba that I had listed on Redweek, and every email from them was penned by a different person. We agreed on a price, and then they refused to continue the process when I asked for the name of the renter to put on the lease.

I think that they are a scam agency.

Orrin D.
Dec 02, 2013

I rented a week in Atlantis to their client thru them last year and this year. They are legit. Clean smooth transaction.

Stephanie K.
Jan 02, 2016

I am a Marriott Timeshare owner (couple of weeks at Marriott Summit Watch) and have used these folks many times to rent my units. I have spoken to Paul (owner/founder I believe) on several occasions but have yet to meet him in person. I do typically list my weeks for rent on Redweek but many times StayPC will find renters that are not Redweek members. I would give them an "A" for fair prices and prompt payments.

Kris Columbus, Ohio

Kris W.
Jan 02, 2016

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent your timeshare. If they want money upfront run the other way. NEVER use a company that demands any money upfront. If you decide to use a rental company read any contract they ask you to sign carefully. You don't want to sign anything that obligates you to pay them unless they fulfill their obligation to you.

Don P.
Mar 19, 2016

Hello....I just want to let you know that I have worked with StayPC several times, an they use a contract that I sign which is very upfront and fair, and then they abide by it to the letter. They are wonderful to work with. I would work with them any time thy ask. Lois Cummins

Lois C.
Apr 17, 2016

I am a Marriott owner and 2 summers ago had to list our Ko Olina week at short notice due to a family emergency. Stay PC contacted me via the Redweek site and offered me the exact asking price despite the late posting (2 weeks prior to arrival date). Working with them went very smooth and I was happy with the entire procedure. I actually hope that they contact me for any future postings that I may have.

Mario G.
Apr 18, 2016

I submitted a post previously on this thread. Since then I have used StayPC again to rent my unit at Marco Island, and again I've had no issues at all. They are good folks to work with.

Kris W.
Jun 08, 2016

I was just contacted yesterday for my Aruba Surf Club that I posted on Redweek. I was suspicious too, which is how I came across this discussion forum.

I did some investigating and found them to be legitimate. They sent over a contract which I reviewed thoroughly and found to be reasonable. They paid me in full via PayPal. I told them I will have to wait 3-5 days before the funds clear and are transferred and available in my bank account, and they were perfectly ok with that and thanked me for keeping them in the loop.

They've sent me the guest's contact information for me to add to the registration once that's done. So, so far so good. I'll update once the transaction is complete. But they've paid me as promised.

Smooth sailing so far.

toml151 wrote:
I was contacted by a representative from Stay PC , a timeshare rental middleman, about renting my unit that is listed on Redweek. He is contacting me on behalf of another client he has. Are these third party transactions safe in general and does anyone have experience as an owner renting to Stay PC specifically?

Navid D.
Dec 29, 2016

Hi I just saw your message. They contacted me tonight regarding my timeshare at the Atlantis. So they are a legitimate company.

Anna

Amanda G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.