Mar 21, 2012

I have a property at the Cancun Moon Palace and would love to sell, exchange some of the weeks, but it is not happening. Has anyone else been successful doing this before. Any input or suggestions would be great!

Renee W.
Oct 14, 2012

We also own Palace Resorts. We have not been able to get referrals lately or sell weeks either. I guess it's a sign of the economy. What we have done is use our free weeks and 1/2 price weeks. So we basically look at it like our membership has paid for itself. We also took one vacation with friends (referrals), so that gave us 1 week for free. What we did was split the cost of the 2 paid rooms 3 ways. That way everyone enjoyed a cheap week. You might want to explore the option of going with friends or family. If you book 3 rooms, one of the rooms would be free under the referral program.

Debra P.
Oct 19, 2012

We bought at Moon Palace and are using up all our all inclusive weeks where we do NOT have to pay the additional all inclusive fee for food etc. Soon we will be down to the regular...weeks where we pay owners rate but pay for the weekly food/drinks per week. If you have the first kind...left that you want to sell, we might be interested but not the regular weeks.

Mary L R.
Oct 19, 2012

Incidently, we still think the Palace resorts are great! And have enjoyed every trip there. We go to Adventura spa Palace ...which until lately , was exclusively for adults (YAY) ..and was really nice for us and increased our enjoyment. Now they have a "families section ...which takes up half the old Adventura ..so that may be less of a draw for us.

Mary L R.
Jan 14, 2013

Our dentest owns one and asked me about how to sell it and after looking on here and Tug and few other places gave her the bad news. You would think someone this smart wouldn't fall for these sales but she did. On vacation six years ago bought and not only has never used it but never exchanged. I told her that not using it is what was the waste of money and she should at least exchange for family vacations. She wants nothing to do with Mexico vacation and kicks herself for buying it. PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jan 14, 2013 12:41 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.