Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Is there any EFFECTIVE way to dump a wyndham timeshare...???

Jul 27, 2019

Lance It was $297,000 transferred to a home equity loan over two years ago to reduce the high interest rate timeshare loan. The company agreed to the $140,000 refund on one contract and offered a $68,000 refund on a second contract if the doctor gave up all emails from Irene Parker. I said do it. I have nothing to hide. I've checked with multiple attorneys who assure me there is nothing immoral or illegal with members talking to members. I used to work for Family Court so listen the same way I used to listen to foster families.

Irene P.

Last edited by irenep59 on Jul 27, 2019 04:48 PM

Feb 22, 2020

Hi, were you able to call a third party agency to sell? How did it go? I am in the same situation, I really need to get out of this!!!

Linnette S.
Feb 23, 2020

linnettes wrote:
Hi, were you able to call a third party agency to sell? How did it go? I am in the same situation, I really need to get out of this!!!

Very rarely is it worth it to use a third-party to sell a unit, especially if it is worth zero dollars. If you have a Wyndham timeshare, contact Wyndham's Ovation program where they are taking back a select, limited number of units from owners provided that the mortgage is paid off and the maintenance fees are up to date. There is a pinned thread in the Timeshare Companies forum with the information about Wyndham's Ovation program.

Remember, never pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell or "cancel" your unit.

Lance C.
Feb 23, 2020

Unfortunately, I bought it this past Feb and wasn't able to cancel the contract since it's been more than 10 days. The first payment is scheduled for the end of March. I am just desperate! This is the most unwise decision I have made in my life.

Linnette S.
Feb 23, 2020

In the meantime it would probably be in your best interest to get as much value out of the timeshare you purchased . Most timeshares are very nice resorts . I still own one in Las Vegas that I use every year . If I'm not using it I keep one year banked . If I have to use it or lose it I will let my relatives or friends use it . I have also rented it out to recoup my maintenance fees .

The point is to get the most out of what you have until you can find another owner to transfer it to . Good luck .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.