Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Decision: to get dining plan or not?

Jul 16, 2012

We have been to Harborside Atlantis 4 times with our children (teens and early 20's). We have always done the Casual Dining plan. 99% of the time we end up at the Marketplace for breakfast and dinner, as it has the most variety. We have not been there in a few years and I am trying to figure out if it is actually cheaper if we don't do the meal plan if we are going to the Marketplace for every meal. Has anyone been there this year? What is the exact price for breakfast and dinner? They can't seem to give me that info on the 800#. Thanks!

Maureen P.
Jul 20, 2012

Hi, I have been to Atlantis 6 times and have done the meal plan once. The price for Seagrapes buffet breakfast was roughly 24. pp and the marketplace was 50.pp last year. It depends if you are only going to eat in those restaurants it might pay for you. If you like variety like I do then I don't recommend it because I like to go to Johnny Rockets the pizza place, Carmines or Anthonys across the street and not on Atlantis property. With that said I have spent less money then what the meal plan calls for even with me eating at Seagrapes for breakfast everyday and getting lunch at shark bites or similar place by the pools and then wherever we feel like for dinner. My 2 same age sons as yours seem to be happy with what we've been doing and have certainly eaten enough.

Laura D.
Aug 25, 2012

If you are staying at Harborside and have budget in mind, you really need to cook for yourself a goodly amount. Freeze some frozen skillet top meals at home. Buy a freezer bag at Costco, Sam's, or WalMart. Have the cabby stop at the grocery on way in.

John C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.