Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower

What does "View: Varies" mean in Napili Villas?? There are only two view categories there: Oceanfront or Island.

Sep 04, 2012

Does "View: Varies" basically mean it's an Island View room that sometimes the owner has got lucky and been upgraded to Oceanfront? There are only two view categories in Napili Villas, Oceanfront or Island. I don't get why people list as "Varies"??

Randy H.
Sep 04, 2012

Okay, I guess I will provide an answer to my own question lol. I learned that when you exchange from another property through Interval or RCI, the view category is not guaranteed, at least so I was told. So I would then assume that "View: Varies" means the week being offered for rent was an Interval/RCI exchange and not from someone who actually owns a Napili unit timeshare. Unless of course they are trying to be cute because sometimes their Island View gets upgraded.

Randy H.

Last edited by randyh160 on Sep 04, 2012 11:20 PM

Oct 22, 2012

Has anyone ever gotten into Marriott Maui Napili Villas through Interval? I have some weeks booked and Marriott told me I would never get in through Interval.

Nanakathy
May 29, 2013

No, I banked the lock off one year with Interval, then tried to use it the next year in the Napili Tower and could never make it work. Ended up having to use it thru Interval in the original Maui Ocean Club buildings but was able to get a 1 bedroom in exchange for the Napili Studio.

Robert C.
May 31, 2013

Worst view ever. I traded a plat. 4th of July week from Grande Ocean in Hilton Head to the slower season...last week of May. I got a view of the parking lot. They were determined to give me the worst view in the complex because I refuse to go into their destination points system and no longer give preference to a Marriott owner trading into another Marriott system. They had better rooms but said they would not change my view under any circumstances.

Nancie T.
Feb 11, 2014

I believe that there are three catagories; oceanfront, ocean view and island view. Owners who are looking to reserve their week can only reserve the category that they paid for initially. Trading thru Interval International, they will offer you any of the three catagories for the week that you are looking for regardless of the week that you traded unless you specify, in which case they may not have that view in their inventory for the requested week.

Janice R.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.