Timeshare Companies

STAY AWAY FROM KINSTON MANOR OR FOXWOOD VILLAS IN WESTMINSTER SC

Dec 29, 2019

I would love to hear what other owners who call are being told. Please share if you were told different!

Debbie A.
Jan 15, 2020

Note: There is a new Facebook page that was set up to entertain discussions on this property. If any owners are interested, apply for membership at Kinston Manor Owners group.

Mary E.
Jan 15, 2020

Spoke to Kevin today. Stated 80% of owners he has talked to have traded. There are at least 1000 they have not spoken to yet...out of 2000 owners. Also said whoever does not trade will be liable for expenses at Kingston ...keeping air, heat, electric etc going. If you don't pay they can put a lien on you. I really want out of a timeshare altogether ...those other Crown resorts don't impress me either...but a little nervous about gambling they will sell Kinston quickly. Anyone out there hear anything else to ease my mind? Thanks

Joan P.
Jan 15, 2020

It's going to be pretty hard to get owners to pay for expenses when most of the owners have not been paying maint fees to begin with. Let alone now for a resort that has now closed! Maint fees haven't been paid by owners because I think a majority of owners suspect (like myself) that the maint fees over the years have been grossly mishandled. It has been years since any work has been done on Kinston Manor-a resort that is owned by Crown Resorts. Why in the world would anyone want to continue to do business with Crown Resorts when it has mishandled Kinston Manor so badly over the years?! I sure don't trust Crown Resorts AT. ALL. Of course they want you to trade. Then, this whole awful process will start all over again while you wait for another resort to fall apart and eventually close. Meanwhile just paying those ever increasing fees and special assessments. Walk away!

Debbie A.
Jan 15, 2020

Oh, and Kevin works for Crown Resorts. If you call Kinston Manor, they will tell you most owners are walking away.

Debbie A.
Jan 21, 2020

I think we all need to just walk away. They cannot force you to pay any fees or bills if the property is no longer available to use! A class action suit would be great! They definitely mishandled our fees paid and if they didn't have enough money to maintain the property they should have declared bankruptcy years ago! Also, the idea of transferring over to yet another awful resort of theirs is ridiculous! Plus did you read that you need to pay closing costs or processing fees on top of that? No thank you! If anyone wants to start a class action suit I'm in. Please contact me at BarbaraEngle20@gmail.com

Barbara E.
Jan 21, 2020

I agree! Walk away....so they foreclose....big deal! I just want out. A class action suit would be nice. If there is any money left it should go to the owners!

Barbara E.
Jan 21, 2020

Who did you talk to? I was under the impression that they would bill the remainder of the owners for upkeep of the property until it sells. What "up keep"? It has not been taken care of for years! I paid dues up to 2019 and they will not get another cent from me! If they try to come after me with a collections agency I will dispute that with the credit agencies. They can't make you pay for something you cannot use anymore. Your deed is for the "right to use" a week. We definitely can no longer use our week, so how can they legally make us pay for it? Does anyone know a real estate lawyer in SC? That's really who we need to answer these questions.

Barbara E.
Mar 10, 2020

Has anyone heard from the resort or what happens now with maintenance fees. (: If you have paid.....

Patricia R.
Apr 05, 2020

I spoke with Kevin at Crown Resorts last week and was very disturbed after our conversation. I told him I intended to walk away from my timeshare, which I inherited from a family member. He said that I would still owe maintenance costs, and kept repeating that I wouldn't owe for linens, maid service, etc. When I repeatedly asked him what that cost would be, he finally said 2020 assessment would be $619. That's what they were charging for membership and maintenance when the timeshare was operating. I asked how long that fee would be required, and he said they hoped to get the property sold in "a year or two." After the call, I have looked all over the internet and can't find any listings indicating that the property is even on the market, 6 months after the vote to close! He said a letter would be coming in the mail in mid-April. I don't know what the property is worth as is, but the proximity to Clemson gives it serious value if it were handled properly. If anyone knows what is going on, PLEASE, let me know! Margie McAlhany

Margaret S.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 06, 2020 07:51 AM

Apr 19, 2020

I would like more information about this situation. Our resort, Hotel de la Monnaie in New Orleans, was recently taken over by Vacatia/Crown. It is time to put a stop to this. Susan Leboff. Let's please all join forces.

Susan L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 19, 2020 08:43 PM

Apr 30, 2020

I'm from Hotel de la Monnaie in New Orleans Louisiana. Crown Resorts Management Inc. has merged with a zombie startup called Vacatia and together they have gotten a management contract that will allow them to take over, meaning steal, our property.

Susan L.

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 30, 2020 08:43 AM

May 17, 2020

Did owners @ Kinston Manor Foxwood Hills receive 2020 maintenance fee statement? (I received mine w/letter stating that we would be charged until SOLD $624.00 WENT UP $5.00).

Patricia R.
Oct 14, 2020

I cannot reach any one to just walk away- does anyone know some number to contact? -Jennifer

Jennifer M.
Nov 10, 2020

I WAS TOLD TO GIVE BACK OUR TIMESHARE AND PAY THIS YEARS TAXES AND GET NOTHING IN RETURN OR GET A FREE WEEK FOR TWO YEARS AS COMPENSATION. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I CAN DUE TO SUE THEM OR WHAT NEEDS TO TAKE PLACE. YOU GIVE MONEY AND YEARLY TAXES FOR A TIMESHARE AND NOW BEING TOLD THEY ARE AUCTIONING THE PROPERTY

John B.

Last edited by phyl21 on Nov 10, 2020 06:39 PM

May 24, 2021

I paid my fees on time with an extra fee of about $150 (from memory) for 2018 and 2019. Then RCI gave me notice they were removing the weeks I had deposited for those 2 years! So I lost my fees and my 2 years weeks! Could not ever get anyone to speak to from Kinston - so disgusted that I paid the fees and the extra fees for the last four years + without argument! They are not getting any money from me again and I will join a class action.

D H.

Last edited by d342 on May 24, 2021 07:58 AM

May 25, 2021

Do not try to contact Kinston. There is no Kinston. Call Crown Resorts. You can ask them to give you two weeks to use as a trade at one of their other resorts. We got out by owning the 2 years of dues. If you don't do this you will continue paying forever - or until it's sold which averages 5+ years.

Trudy G.
Apr 18, 2022

Foxwood Hills is in "my neck of the woods." I've gone swimming in the pool and ate at the restaurant. Of course it's been a long time ago. I hate to hear all this. This was a beautiful place when it first opened and had such potential. It has went to crap because of a few bad people who didn't know what they were doing. I'm so sorry that all of you have lost money in your investment. I ask what has happened. The last post I saw was May 2020. It is now April 2022. Would someone be so kind as to answer my post. Thank you Jenny White

Jenny W.
Apr 26, 2022

A member posted today that they thought Kinston Manor was foreclosed 4/3/22 and sold (just under 30 acres) for $4.3 mil 4/8/22. It had not shown up on the tax rosters yet. The crooks who ran it into the ground probably sold us out to developers. The proximity to Clemson, the mountains, I-85, etc. would definitely make it marketable. I have to rest in the knowledge that Kevin & Co. will likely not pay for their crimes while they are still alive, but payday IS coming.

Margaret S.
Jan 28, 2024

Can u please messages me about this place Mt life in danger here and can't get out to someone help

Cyn M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.