Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Marriott Right of First Refusal

Apr 15, 2019

Two Aruba Ocean Club villas, annual use, Legacy, season April through mid December.

Michael B.
Apr 16, 2019

Michael , call me or text me to advise you best way to do it 3475643697 I have been selling mine to friends and family

ARUBA vacation week
May 25, 2019

If you buy a Marriott resale, can you still enroll in the Trust points / Destination Points program? Thanks!

Jim T.
May 25, 2019

If you buy a week from another owner your only option to join the destination club is during one of their promotions which still would require you to purchase around $30,000 in trust points and then you would have an enrolled week plus the trust points.

You can buy points from another owner and pay a fee to enroll. I believe the fee would be something like $4.50 per point with a minimum of $8000 or 10,000 even if you are buying less than 2000 points.

Tracey S.
May 25, 2019

Tracy75 - Thank you!!! I have found the ability to use trust points or "elected points" a real benefit.

Jim T.
Dec 31, 2019

If I place my Marriott timeshares for $1.00 each will Marriott really then offer me more than that with their right of first refusal? I wonder if it’s just fluff as Aruba seems to be a different animal.

lyndad73 wrote:
As far as Aruba goes, the Trust cannot own units. However, MVCI may be able to offer you a resale combined with a purchase of points.

Michael B.
Jan 01, 2020

michael3092 wrote:
If I place my Marriott timeshares for $1.00 each will Marriott really then offer me more than that with their right of first refusal? I wonder if it’s just fluff as Aruba seems to be a different animal.

lyndad73 wrote:
As far as Aruba goes, the Trust cannot own units. However, MVCI may be able to offer you a resale combined with a purchase of points.

Marriott will pay whatever you were going to sell it for with your original buyer if they exercise their right of first refusal. If you and the new buyer agreed on $1.00, Marriott will buy it for that same $1.00.

Charles S.
Jan 07, 2020

I read in another Red Week Forum that Marriott has offered as much as $14,000. for an Aruba Marriott timeshare. From now on, I will jump at the booking opportunities for the best holiday vacation weeks, book them and then rent them. Aruba used to be our favorite but I finally got tired of the constant construction , entering the room to change air filters, check thermostats, check for roof problems, painting outside, fire alarm testing, power outages, half of the pools closed, etc. To me there are only two other Marriott timeshare locations in the good old USA worth going to. We once rented Marriott Breckenridge , CO through Marriott and when we got there the elevator was lined with wood and the floors were lined with plastic as painting was in progress. We requested and received a much better villa in another just renovated building. We paid $103.00 a night for a Memorial Day weekend. Now that's the way to use a Marriott timeshare. Believe me I am happy with Marriott now that I can make some money on renting and more than pay for my $228.00. per day maintenance fees.

Michael B.
Jan 20, 2020

how do find out the properties that marriott will buy back, and do other companies offer any kind of buy back if you go with them?

Pierre F.
Jan 20, 2020

For Marriott buy back try googling the site Marriott buy back program.. A lot of not right now answers or not for Aruba buy back or rental.

Michael B.
Jan 20, 2020

Marriott buy-back prices (offers) vary. They're not going up, only down. I waited two months to decide to sell my Kauai weeks and got $400 less than the first offer.

Lynda D.

Last edited by lyndad73 on Jan 21, 2020 07:35 PM

Jan 21, 2020

Most weeks are not given a buy back offer. Most weeks are only given the option to deed back at no cost. They also have brokered resale but it usually takes a year or more to get on the list for that. https://www.marriottvacationclub.com/exit/

If you contact Marriott make sure to inquire about the buy back or brokered resale; otherwise they will only offer the give back even if you may qualify for more.

Tracey S.
Jan 21, 2020

MVCI is NOT buying back Aruba weeks any more. I asked last summer and was told I could just turn in my unit to avoid future maintenance fees, which are over $1900 a year for a 2-bedroom unit

Lynda D.
Jan 27, 2020

Since Marriott told me that they are not buying back Aruba timeshares I considered that the right of first refusal as ongoing so if I ever sell they will not be given the Right of First Refusal as they already gave it to me.

lyndad73 wrote:
MVCI is NOT buying back Aruba weeks any more. I asked last summer and was told I could just turn in my unit to avoid future maintenance fees, which are over $1900 a year for a 2-bedroom unit

Michael B.
Feb 21, 2020

I recently purchased Mountainside at Park City, resale Platinum deeded week for 10 K. It passed ROFR.

Suzanne S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.