Timeshare Exchanges

Total Resort Solutions not Resort Solutions

Jul 11, 2013

Has anyone had experience dealing with TOTAL Resorts Solutions out of Florida? It is different from Resort Solutions, Inc.

Katherine G.
Jul 11, 2013

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timershare. If they ask for any money upfront run as fast as you can. All companies that require you to pay upfront are scams.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Jul 11, 2013 11:41 AM

Jul 15, 2013

katherineg36 wrote:
Has anyone had experience dealing with TOTAL Resorts Solutions out of Florida? It is different from Resort Solutions, Inc.

Maybe if you include such information as:

1) How did you find out about this company?

2) What is this company offering you?

3) What are you hoping to gain by using this company?

then you can get more help from here.

Keep in mind a few things:

1) Any company you don't know that cold calls you about your timeshare is likely a scam artist.

2) Any company allegedly dealing with timeshares that has the word "Solutions" in its name is usually a scam artist.

3) If no one has heard of this company before or you can't find anything about it on the 'net, it's likely because it's a new company or an old scam company that has changed its name.

4) If they offer you something that seems too good to be true, then it probably is (eg., we can sell your timeshare for $25,000).

5) Never, ever pay anyone a large, upfront fee to sell, rent out, market, or "cancel" your timeshare. That is almost always a scam.

Lance C.
Nov 04, 2014

I have and they are a great company, every time I have contacted my rep he has called me right back. I highly recommend this company

katherineg36 wrote:

Stephen A.
Nov 04, 2014

I have and they are a great company, every time I have contacted my rep he has called me right back. I highly recommend this company

Stephen A.
Nov 04, 2014

Who said this?????? I have and they are a great company, every time I have contacted my rep he has called me right back. I highly recommend this company

Stephen A.
Nov 04, 2014

The address Total Resort Solutions, Inc. gives is actually just a telephone service company where you can outsource your customer services. It's also home to Resort Vacation International, Inc. which is registered to Adriana Fasano who also worked at Total Resort Solutions, Inc.

Total Resort Solutions, Inc. is a registered commercial telephone seller with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. They have 3 complaints filed in 2014 there, and an additional 9 complaints with the BBB.

It does appear as though they've made a considerable effort to resolve all of these complaints though.

That being said, DonP is right. Never pay anyone upfront who cold calls you regarding your timeshare. It doesn't matter if they're accredited and owned by the pope. Don't pay them upfront.

J V.

Last edited by jordanv6 on Nov 04, 2014 03:45 PM

Nov 12, 2014

We received a cold call from Total Resort Solutions on November 10, 2014,asking us to give them $1899. up front for advertising and admin costs. For this "paltry" sum they "promised" to advertise in electronic and paper media, for a period of 6 months. They stated that they were not in any way timeshare brokers or renters, they would just facilitate the rental of a minimum of 4 weeks at $ 1500.(US) total $ 6000., by bringing us together, mainly with corporate tenants. We would do the negotiations and provide them with the reservation #'s ,etc. We wrote & spoke to II; they stated in their reply that any commercial use of the "getaway" weeks was forbidden in our contract with them and COULD result in cancellation of our reservations as well as our membership - it appears that II can make money on these weeks, but no one else should- All this to say, we are not proceeding with signing their contract, which was emailed to us the same day, in spite of a follow up call from their "Sales Manager" who implied that they know it's frowned upon, but hey, what a great way to make $6000. (less of course the $1899. as well as transfer fees, $ 800+/-? etc. charged by lI) The upfront money is the scary part, because as the Sales manager said, we could always join RCI.! If it seems to good to be true.......

Brooke Briggs, Perth, ON. CA

Robert Brooke B.
Nov 13, 2014

It's a SCAM. All they want is your upfront money and then the excuses start until you get frustrated and give up. NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare.

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.