Timeshare Exchanges

Diamond Resorts International Has Hijacked my Interval International Account

Oct 24, 2013

I am a long-standing member of II with a timeshare resort not affiliated with DRI. But sine I got involved with DRI, a big mistake, II will not talk to me at all. They say I have to call Diamond for all transactions.

I recently received an offer in the mail to provide me an additional resort accommodation certificate if I deposited my non-DRI resort week. I made that deposit through the II web site, it has been confirmed, but I did not receive the resort accommodation certificate. II absolutely refuses to talk to me about it.

I called DRI and they were useless. I spent over a half hour on the phone with them and they could not even become aware of the offer. This is mail fraud. II also refuses to escalate my issue to a higher level for resolution. I am very disappointed with Interval International. How did Interval International allow Diamond Resorts to have sole control over my membership, including my non-DRI resort? This is outrageous!

DRI does not allow me to deposit my DRI week for two years as my other resort does. My maintenance fees have risen 42% since Diamond took over ILX, the company from whom I purchased this timeshare at Los Abrigados. I am expecting another increase next year.

Do not ever become involved with Diamond Resorts International!

Robert R.
Jan 27, 2014

PLEASE go to the ABC News website at this URL:

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20

and request that 20/20 investigate DRI. Be sure to make reference to the whitewash/propaganda piece CBS did with Undercover Boss on Cloobeck.

Maybe if enough people write to them they may buy into the idea, if for no other reason than to embarrass CBS News.

David K.
Feb 26, 2014

robertr558 wrote:
I am a long-standing member of II with a timeshare resort not affiliated with DRI. But sine I got involved with DRI, a big mistake, II will not talk to me at all. They say I have to call Diamond for all transactions.

I recently received an offer in the mail to provide me an additional resort accommodation certificate if I deposited my non-DRI resort week. I made that deposit through the II web site, it has been confirmed, but I did not receive the resort accommodation certificate. II absolutely refuses to talk to me about it.

I called DRI and they were useless. I spent over a half hour on the phone with them and they could not even become aware of the offer. This is mail fraud. II also refuses to escalate my issue to a higher level for resolution. I am very disappointed with Interval International. How did Interval International allow Diamond Resorts to have sole control over my membership, including my non-DRI resort? This is outrageous!

DRI does not allow me to deposit my DRI week for two years as my other resort does. My maintenance fees have risen 42% since Diamond took over ILX, the company from whom I purchased this timeshare at Los Abrigados. I am expecting another increase next year.

I just found out about DRI having their own Interval Department also, and was mad as hell. They want to control every benefit from owning a timeshare to their own advantage. That usually means you get very little if anything at all to trade for. If you live in California, lodge a complaint with the Attorney General's Public Inquiry Unit. Contact AG's Offices in other states to get guidance through the complaint process. Am currently looking into a complaint with AZ Dept of Real Estate, as we own in Sedona, also.

Susan I.
Feb 26, 2014

susani67 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:

I just found out about DRI having their own Interval Department also, and was mad as hell. They want to control every benefit from owning a timeshare to their own advantage. That usually means you get very little if anything at all to trade for. If you live in California, lodge a complaint with the Attorney General's Public Inquiry Unit. Contact AG's Offices in other states to get guidance through the complaint process. Am currently looking into a complaint with AZ Dept of Real Estate, as we own in Sedona, also.

What is the problem with them having a customer service desk for their members? Marriott has one too? Why would you be angry?

Charles S.
Feb 27, 2014

charless345 wrote:
susani67 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:

What is the problem with them having a customer service desk for their members? Marriott has one too? Why would you be angry?

After years of successful trading our DEEDED WEEK for our Sedona property through the original Interval, didn't much like being told I did not have enough "points" (the magically appearing points and the amazing disappearance of said deed) to trade for anything. Not even Orlando, the timeshare capitol of the world! Also did not like being told that all DRI owes us is 1 week in our now run-down "timeshare" aka hotel, in Sedona. Do you work for the company? Why would you even be looking at this forum unless you share the same problems being discussed here?

Susan I.
Feb 27, 2014

You may want to look at this website: http://www.poipuowners.org/ Diamond has taken over The Point of Poipu. We the owners have sued... find more info on that website. Also, a facebook group has been formed for all Diamond members. Good luck.

Jon C.
Feb 27, 2014

The problem, charless345, is that now Interval International now will refuse to talk to me even about the other timeshare I own not affiliated with DRI. since Diamond took over I cannot deposit my weeks with II and use them up to two years after the reservation date. I no longer have the same trading options I had before DRI hijacked my account. I know that you really like them and claim you are not a shill. But I just don't feel your Cloobeck love.

Robert R.
Feb 27, 2014

robertr558 wrote:
The problem, charless345, is that now Interval International now will refuse to talk to me even about the other timeshare I own not affiliated with DRI. since Diamond took over I cannot deposit my weeks with II and use them up to two years after the reservation date. I no longer have the same trading options I had before DRI hijacked my account. I know that you really like them and claim you are not a shill. But I just don't feel your Cloobeck love.

That doesn't make sense that II will not talk with you about your non DRI timeshare. Doesn't you non DRI timeshare have a separate II account? That sounds like an II problem not a DRI one.

I have read in a couple of forums about the change with the two year window for exchanges. I have not figured out or heard the rationale behind that move yet.

Charles S.
Feb 27, 2014

jonc61 wrote:
You may want to look at this website: http://www.poipuowners.org/ Diamond has taken over The Point of Poipu. We the owners have sued... find more info on that website. Also, a facebook group has been formed for all Diamond members. Good luck.

Yes and I the so called shill am one one of Facebook site's administrators.

Charles S.
Feb 27, 2014

susani67 wrote:
charless345 wrote:
susani67 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:

After years of successful trading our DEEDED WEEK for our Sedona property through the original Interval, didn't much like being told I did not have enough "points" (the magically appearing points and the amazing disappearance of said deed) to trade for anything. Not even Orlando, the timeshare capitol of the world! Also did not like being told that all DRI owes us is 1 week in our now run-down "timeshare" aka hotel, in Sedona. Do you work for the company? Why would you even be looking at this forum unless you share the same problems being discussed here?

Susan, I don't have to think like you in order to read a post or forum. I try to read all things Marriott and DRI since I own both systems. You have your reasons for feeling the way you do and I mine. I don't work for any timeshare company. However, your paperwork that you signed when you bought your timeshare does tell you what you own. It's very clear there and no one can take that from you.

For the record, I am one of the administrators for the DRI Members Facebook site. I am also an administrator for the Facebook Marriott Ko Olina Owners site and the Facebook Marriott Destination Club Owners site.

Charles S.

Last edited by charless345 on Feb 27, 2014 11:31 PM

Feb 28, 2014

charless345 wrote:
susani67 wrote:
charless345 wrote:
susani67 wrote:
robertr558 wrote:

Susan, I don't have to think like you in order to read a post or forum. I try to read all things Marriott and DRI since I own both systems. You have your reasons for feeling the way you do and I mine. I don't work for any timeshare company. However, your paperwork that you signed when you bought your timeshare does tell you what you own. It's very clear there and no one can take that from you.

For the record, I am one of the administrators for the DRI Members Facebook site. I am also an administrator for the Facebook Marriott Ko Olina Owners site and the Facebook Marriott Destination Club Owners site.

Any suggestions as to how I convince DRI to honor my deeded week contract, because THEY WILL NOT. All I now have, according to them, is a small amount of points. Which, if I don't jump through some hoops, dissapear completely, even if I've fully paid my fees. What decent company operates this way? Understand? I've talked to different DRI representatives until I'm blue in the face. So, short of putting thousands into an attorney who will be going up against a large bank of DRI lawyers, I'm helpless. They won't let me walk away from the timeshare, can't sell it on Ebay for $1 and Donate for a Cause will not take it BECAUSE it's a Diamond Resorts International property. Any other timeshare, they will gladly take. If I don't pay whatever bill they send, they straight out told me they'd put me into collections and ruin my credit. "It's just like a mortgage"!!! Their highjacked version of Interval requires 4 years worth of points to get into a resort I easily booked with my 1 week traded through the original Interval. Complete control over my power to trade and because of the small amount of points assigned, hardly any trading power at all. There's no contract or agreement between us - just the contract and recorded deed I have with ILX. Their "Club" cannot do business in California because their license with the state has been forfeited. (Let's make sure Californians know that, because they've tried to push it on me.) Put that on your facebook page. Let people not yet trapped in this horrid, sleazy company know to stay away from Diamond. Of course I'm angry. Who wouldn't be?

Susan I.

Last edited by susani67 on Feb 28, 2014 09:20 AM

Feb 28, 2014

jonc61 wrote:

Will do

Susan I.

Last edited by susani67 on Feb 28, 2014 09:22 AM

Feb 28, 2014

jonc61 wrote:

Took a quick look at your website. Will check it out this weekend. Looks really great!!!

Susan I.
Jul 23, 2022

Since Diamond Resorts 'deal' with Interval International in 2020, I have lost exchange access to 2 of my favorite resorts in Payson and Sedona, AZ. Up until the 'deal' there were always listings for Kohl's Ranch in Payson or The Bell Rock Inn in Sedona area. Now the available resorts are much less desirable properties, and they are few and far between. The outcome of the 'deal' pretty much sucks for most of us long-standing II members. Thanks for nothing, you weasels!

Al B.
Jul 24, 2022

Interesting. Could an individual belong to Interval without an affiliation with a timeshare company? If I own both Marriott timeshares and Diamond resorts timeshares, could I have an Interval membership covering both?

I mention some of this because we actually have two Interval accounts, one for the Marriott Destinations program and one for our old legacy Marriott weeks that are not enrolled. On the Marriott side, our Marriott internet access includes both and there are limitations on what we can do with some of the weeks which are not enrolled in the Destinations Program.

PS - I was headed toward suggesting that you acquire a cheap but useful Marriott resale week, enroll in Interval there, and then see if you could have interests from both Marriott and DRI covered. I suspect you might be advantaged by coming in from the Marriott side as Marriott now owns Interval.

Den

Last edited by dennish144 on Jul 24, 2022 11:08 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.