Timeshare Exchanges

Wyndham Is breaking my financial back`

Dec 25, 2013

With maintenance fee's going from 375.00 a month to well over 500.00 a month beginning in January on top of a monthly mortgage of nearly 900.00 a month, I can't continue this any longer. I am ready to take the hit to my credit and walk away from this mess. Their smooth talking sales people have mislead us time and time again telling us we'd have a way out and that this upgrading they keep pushing us towards will be to our benefit. Truth is the only one benefiting is Wyndham and the greedy sales rep. The one thing I have learned about dealing with these people is that the more sincere and honest they sound; this only means one thing. They've perfected their craft of deception. Watch your wallet or your'e in trouble unless you just got it financially like that. I don't....

Jeff E.
Dec 26, 2013

jeffe138 wrote:
With maintenance fee's going from 375.00 a month to well over 500.00 a month...... Their smooth talking sales people have mislead us time and time again telling us....

At $500 per month, that's $6000 per year! How many units do you own that would cause you to pay $6000 in maintenance fees?

Also, how many sales presentations did you attend where they got you to sign on the dotted line to buy something?

Lance C.
Dec 29, 2013

This sounds like me about a year ago. I was the proud owner of 1.5 m Pres. Reserve Points with VIP status. The Wyndham reps were all about helping me also. I was managing my account OK but I needed help and I fell hook line and sinker for a scam to exchange my 1.5 m PR points + the debt for 1 m plus reg points with VIP status fully paid for. This came at a cost of several thousand dollars to clear the debt and keep my good credit rating. I understood that this would be negotiated with Wyndham and was told that they had rather have me paying fees on 1 m points than loose me entirely. This was all lies. They now have my 1.5 m PR points through default, my credit took a hit, I had no deed in lieu of as promised. The other company, VO Financial has my money and now will not take my calls or reply to e-mails. I need to find time to forward all details to anyone interested to help prevent others from falling for this scam. PLEASE do not trust anyone except your own private attorney and be careful there, be sure that he has his home and office fully paid for and can be located on a moments notice.

Glen Bashaw PO Box 704 Monticello, Ar. 71655

E-MAIL oilhand@gmail.com

jeffe138 With maintenance fee's going from 375.00 a month to well over 500.00 a month beginning in January on top of a monthly mortgage of nearly 900.00 a month, I can't continue this any longer. I am ready to take the hit to my credit and walk away from this mess. Their smooth talking sales people have mislead us time and time again telling us we'd have a way out and that this upgrading they keep pushing us towards will be to our benefit. Truth is the only one benefiting is Wyndham and the greedy sales rep.

Glen B.

Last edited by glenr29 on Jan 03, 2014 09:30 AM

Apr 20, 2014

I am assuming this is with what used to be fairfield and not Worldmark. Since Wyndham worldmark is capped in our fees and can not raise them like that. You might want to check and make sure you do not have a cap in your bylaws.

Dawn J.
Apr 21, 2014

Let it go back many have done that in the past it won't ding your credit because Wyndham sold it to you under a disclosure of fact...you were not given all the facts. Take the loss on the purchase and cut the cord...$500.00 x 12 $6,000 a year sorry I can have some fine vacations on that and remember points is nothing but air called an UDI undivided interest warrant deed meaning you own no real property just an attachment to a certain resort, certain condo that is all.

After other developers saw the $$$ potential Fairfield/Cendant/Wyndham made on points they all got away from a real dead with fixed and floating weeks now all sale points telling the people they allow more flexibility which is "hog wash".

Let it go. Refuse to pay the monthly fee they will eventually take their UDzi back or their air.

jeffe138 wrote:
With maintenance fee's going from 375.00 a month to well over 500.00 a month beginning in January on top of a monthly mortgage of nearly 900.00 a month, I can't continue this any longer. I am ready to take the hit to my credit and walk away from this mess. Their smooth talking sales people have mislead us time and time again telling us we'd have a way out and that this upgrading they keep pushing us towards will be to our benefit. Truth is the only one benefiting is Wyndham and the greedy sales rep. The one thing I have learned about dealing with these people is that the more sincere and honest they sound; this only means one thing. They've perfected their craft of deception. Watch your wallet or your'e in trouble unless you just got it financially like that. I don't....

James J.
Apr 21, 2014

jamesj406 wrote:
Let it go back many have done that in the past it won't ding your credit because Wyndham sold it to you under a disclosure of fact...you were not given all the facts.

It's far more complicated than that .... Wyndham can, and probably will, come after you for non payment of your maintenance fees. If all timeshare owners merely got tired of paying rising maintenance fees and quit paying them then the industry implode from within.

R P.
Apr 28, 2014

The Timeshare business has ruined my life! I believed the pitches that they made and thought they were all honest people..........NOT!!!!!!!! They are all out for the money and crooks. Nothing they tell you is actually true. I own one at The Resort on Cocoa Beach which I bought back in 1999. Nothing they told us was true but it did trade very well so we always exchanged it. When we bought the timeshare the fees were reasonable but now they are close to $800! We are now 70 and 72 years old and can no longer pay the fees!!!! They keep adding assessments etc. we were never told that they could do that! We were told they couldn't really tell us that we would make money on the purchase but indicated we would! I really need to get rid of this unit, it and the others we purchased, thinking they would be easy to get rid of when we needed too! The only timeshare that treated us right was Las Olas on Cocoa Beach! Alan that works for them was able to sell our unit there since we can no longer use the unit or afford the fees. We didn't make money off that one either but we were able to get something out of it and get our names off of it. We have spent thousands of dollars on timeshares and lost thousands of dollars! If anyone knows how we can get out of the two timeshares we still have, we would appreciate hearing from you, class action suit, etc. Our credit reports are bad due to timeshares. We had someone to call us and tell us how crooked timeshares are and that they would get our name off for $4,000 that is shocking to me that someone would think that was an option. We can't afford to pay anything else on timeshares!

Dorothy C.
Apr 29, 2014

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to rent or sell your timeshare !!

Don P.
Apr 29, 2014

Cocoa Beach is a popular location with easy driving distance from Disneyworld (and other FL attractions) to the ocean. Have you tried giving it away in Redweek's Bargain Resale ads below? (copy and paste URL)

http://www.redweek.com/featured/bargain-timeshare-resales

R P.

Last edited by jayjay on Apr 29, 2014 09:23 AM

Apr 29, 2014

if you can send me your contact info i would be interested in talking with you . thanks

Andy H.
May 17, 2014

Mine also. I have points that I can't unload. We also are getting up in age and fees have gone from 55 a month to 86 a month. I can rent at Fairfield glades cheaper than the fees. I think I will just stop paying the fees. Don't care about my credit rating at this point.

What will happen when I quit paying the fees?

Gail L.
May 18, 2014

gail542 wrote:

Like you said, you're not worried about your credit rating at this point so that probably won't affect you even though the HOA might threaten to ding your rating.

You will probably face a barrage of threatening e-mails, snail mails, and phone calls from collection agencies.

Have you contacted the HOA, explained your situation, and asked if it will take your unit back? It might see the practicality of taking it back amicably rather than going through the expense of foreclosing on the unit.

Lance C.
May 19, 2014

Do you have Worldmark By Wyndham Credits (formerly Trendwest)? There are ways to sell them fairly easily to get out of the dues. Email me back if you would like to discuss.

Robert S.
May 19, 2014

Dorothy - list them for sale on eBay. You can do this yourself (no need for a broker)... sell them for a dollar and get out from under them. There are people out there who look to buy different timeshares... I have purchased two over the past couple years for a dollar each for resorts that I wanted to own. Feel free to contact me if you'd like more info on how to use the eBay system. Robert at slatteryonline dotcom.

Robert S.
May 31, 2014

Anyone that works in the time share industry is a good liar. That is the number one qualification. I have gone to a few presentation and the sales reps were all super nice. We did not buy because knew it was not a good deal when we could go online and buy a resale . or take over a resale. Stay away from Diamond Club resorts, they are selling time shares in Hawaii at $ 96,000 starting and the sales lady tried telling us what a value that price point was... Prices were as high at $ 500,000. Such a scam. I feel bad to anyone that falls for their lies!

Pina S.
Sep 09, 2014

We too also own a Wyndham at Bentley brook, MA...have owned since mid nineties .....have been trying to get rid of it for years! Went through a bankruptcy a few years ago....lawyer said it was worth nothing....so, we held onto it. Unfortunately, the yearly fees just keep going up, and we now live here in Florida.....never get up that way! Would love to just exchange for something here and so be it! For as big as Wyndham is, you would think they would try and help us with this....they won't take it back, nor let us exchange for a unit down here. Anyone have any thoughts? Pam

Pam S.
Sep 09, 2014

Since you say Wyndham won't let you exchange for something in FL, have you tried using an exchange company such as RCI, II, Dial-an-Exchange, or Platinum? BTW, when you say that Wyndham won't let you exchange, do you mean permanent ownership or just a week per year at a time?

If you want to get rid of your ownership in MA, have you tried selling it, or lsting it that you want to give it away?

Lance C.
Sep 10, 2014

Just an update. I called Wyndham and they took my points back but gave me nothing .....absolutely nothing!, However, that's okay as I finally am rid of the timeshare BS. They charge for absolutely everything. I had moved points to RCI as Wyndham had nothing available and I ended up paying $209 to book with them. I already was paying almost $1000.00 a year in maintenance fees, then add more to that. Had to cancel with RCI due to illness and yes, lost the 209.00 also.

So happy to be rid of this timeshare. I lost several years of points along with other bookings fees.

Wyndham is a big ripoff. No wonder BBB rates them an F.

lancec13 wrote:
gail542 wrote:

Like you said, you're not worried about your credit rating at this point so that probably won't affect you even though the HOA might threaten to ding your rating.

You will probably face a barrage of threatening e-mails, snail mails, and phone calls from collection agencies.

Have you contacted the HOA, explained your situation, and asked if it will take your unit back? It might see the practicality of taking it back amicably rather than going through the expense of foreclosing on the unit.

Gail L.
Sep 11, 2014

I gave back two timeshares about five years ago through deed backs. It cost me just a minimal fee to process the transactions. I too walked away with nothing but relief of never having to pay the ever increasing maintenance fees. I now have a very healthy savings account and I am completely in the black financially and sleep great at night not worrying that they will send me a hefty " special assessment " fee.

I now rent weeks for less than I would pay in maintenance fees and I travel when I want and not having to travel just to use weeks that I would lose if not used. That would cost extra travel expenses just to use the weeks.

In my opinion you did the right thing. Sit back and watch your savings grow and relax not worrying about the next " special assessment " that they might throw at you besides the huge increase in maintenance fees.

Don P.
Nov 04, 2014

donp196 wrote:
I gave back two timeshares about five years ago through deed backs. It cost me just a minimal fee to process the transactions. I too walked away with nothing but relief of never having to pay the ever increasing maintenance fees. I now have a very healthy savings account and I am completely in the black financially and sleep great at night not worrying that they will send me a hefty " special assessment " fee.

I now rent weeks for less than I would pay in maintenance fees and I travel when I want and not having to travel just to use weeks that I would lose if not used. That would cost extra travel expenses just to use the weeks.

In my opinion you did the right thing. Sit back and watch your savings grow and relax not worrying about the next " special assessment " that they might throw at you besides the huge increase in maintenance fees.

Can you explain what "deed backs" are and ball park your attorney fees? Robyn148

Robyn L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.