Vacation Village at Parkway

Offered Timeshare at Vacation Village At Parkway but Have NO Knowledge of Timeshares

Feb 13, 2014

I have come across someone offering to giveaway their 2bdrm VV@P timeshare Week# 29. The yearly MF's are around $790 and is worth 64 RCI points. It's unit 403. He wants me to pay the yearly fees as he hasn't paid them for 2014 and the transfer&escrow charges. However, I know he's been trying to get rid of this since October at least of 2013 so want to negotiate a better deal IF I buy it. I would be using it myself as we have kids and do DW but normally stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Could I trade VV@P for Wyndham Bonnet Creek? I also wouldn't want to stay in July in Florida and find renting timeshares there very affordable but July is high season in Canada (where I am) and I would like to be able to rentals at resorts in Ontario, Quebec and BC. If I could get winter ski resorts, that would be great too. I have never owned a timeshare nor gone to a pitch as my family and friends have and warned me away. I don't know much about them but have rented them very easily in Aruba, Florida, Mont Tremblant,etc., The only reason I am considering getting one now is that we do vacation a lot, have children who will be out of school in July, of course, I prefer to stay in timeshares than hotels and would like to be able to stay in Orlando some years and trade for other locations others.

Can anyone let me know what 64 points means? What I should know about getting into this deal? How hard is it to get time at another resort and can I with VV@P? What kinds of resorts can I trade into and is there a place I can find this info? I am sorry that I am so naive and new to this and any and all info as well as places to find the info in a clear concise manner would be greatly appreciated.

Amar G.
Apr 11, 2014

I bought my VV@P annual 2 bed for $19 off ebay last year. We deposited in Jan for 39 TPU which could have been more if we deposited earlier. I just scheduled my first exchange back into VV@P for June 1 bed for 7 TPU. The cost was lower then the normal exchange fee ($139 instead of $209) because it was back into one of their condos.

Ian S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.