Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina Tower

Construction at the Hyatt next door

Mar 20, 2014

Update! We were there last August and the tower and pool were not completed, seemed to be set back nicely and we will be able to see their pool area. If anyone is there could they take a picture and post? Curious what the finished project looks like. Thanks!

Can anyone tell us about the construction going on next door at the new Hyatt tower? Is this new tower affecting our view? Noise factor? Will we be able to see their new pool from our villas? Thanks!

Charleen M.

Last edited by charm4 on Jul 07, 2015 07:36 PM

Mar 23, 2014

You can see the construction from the Lanai and Lahaina towers in the rooms which are facing that direction. If you have your patio door closed, the noise isn't too bad, but it IS an eyesore! Not sure if you will be able to see their pool from the Lahaina tower. Their timeshare concept is very interesting since ALL villas have oceanview and mountain side if for elevators/hallway, etc.

Lynne S.
Jun 24, 2014

Thank you! Anyone else that has been there lately and could update us all?

Charleen M.
Aug 19, 2014

We just got back from August 8 to 15 stay. We stayed in the Lahaina Tower on the pool side. We too were worried about the construction, but very quiet when we were there. We did get there the weekend of the hurricane so not sure if maybe they were working with a lighter crew that week. There were trucks and workers but we didn't hear any noise at all except for light hammering Saturday a.m. for a short time and sat out in the grass by Lahaina everyday. A lot of work still needs to be done on the Hyatt--building is up but façade and grounds need to be finished. They are saying January 2015 occupancy. Originally we were told it was noisy by the Lahaina pool when I inquired about the noise a month before and they told us everyone just goes to the main pool, but the entire pool, eating, grass area by Lahaina Tower was quiet and wonderful! It will be noisier if your room does not face the pool and faces the Hyatt--which they can tell you that if you have any questions about a particular unit. In Feb we were told we would get a pool side unit away from the noise and that is what we received. Wonderful week, views, everything at the Marriott and hope to go back to the Lahaina Towers again. Napali is suppose to be newer, but Lahaina is perfect for us!

Michele S.

Last edited by micheles344 on Aug 19, 2014 01:34 PM

Aug 19, 2014

Thank you so much for the update! We are going in 10 days! We do own in the lahaina towers and have always stayed poolside but have two back to back weeks and Hyatt side is where we are for the first time every! Hoping to have a nice view and not too noisey. The room controller says they are currently working on interior and the noise is minimal. I will update after our stay!

Charleen M.
Aug 19, 2014

That is what I was thinking that maybe they were working on the inside. Trucks were going in and out but I only saw about 10 workers outside--we had the end unit poolside closest to the parking garage so we could see the Hyatt from the entryway and would have heard noise in the morning if there was any. In February they told me I wouldn't hear anything in August as the outside work would be done, but when I called in July the main desk said she could hear the noise there and that is when she said everyone just hangs out at the main pool. Obviously there is a lot of work that will need to be done inside so hopefully they will spend the next few months inside. A lot of work remains to be done outside the façade, pool, landscaping so hopefully they will do that in Nov/December and you will enjoy a peaceful trip too. Originally they said they stop work at 4:00 so if you do things during the day that will help too. Best of luck with the noise I was worried for months--we are from Chicago and won't be back any time soon so waking up at 7:00 a.m. to trucks and noise would not have been good at all. If there is any way you could switch even one of your weeks to poolside, I would try to do that. Hope the quiet work continues!

Michele S.

Last edited by micheles344 on Aug 19, 2014 10:47 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.