Timeshare Exchanges

Wyndham or BlueGreen

Jun 10, 2014

Hello, we've been researching timeshare resales and want to make a purchase. We live in Arkansas, only about 30 miles from Branson and would love to have a timeshare at BlueGreen's BigCedar's Wilderness Club. At the same time, BG's other properties don't look all that special. I've also been looking at Wyndham resorts especially the one in Panama City Beach. It looks fantastic, we already go to the Emerald coast every year, and it's suppose to have 1 of the lowest maintenance fees in the Wyndham system. Alternatively, we could get Branson Mountain Vista points and use them at PCB or elsewhere. Wyndham has many more resorts to choose from and frankly, sans Big Cedar, look more appealing than the BG resorts. Any suggestions? I've looked on here on RedWeek and on TUG, but haven't seen any resales for any of these resorts.

Eric W.
Jun 11, 2014

If you want Big Cedar then that's what you should purchase, purchasing points is risky in popular summer coastal areas unless you make your reservations far in advance.

R P.
Aug 04, 2014

Wyndham will generally offer you more choices in the long run. Their condo's are pretty nice overall and trading power is good because of the number of properties that they own. Good luck in your decision! (I am a 'points' owner and have been for over 16 years. I haven't had any major problems in pulling what I want. There are various resorts that as jayjay said above that you need to make reservations out as far as you can.)

Pat F.
Aug 27, 2014

I have been with Wyndham for several years, am totally loving the point system and the abilty to do long weekends. I think Wyndham will give you more choices in the long run, espeiclaly with the exchange capabilties. Good luck!

Bibi A.
Sep 09, 2014

If you live only 30miles from Branson, why do you want to buyBluegreen there ??? Rent & don't have to pay the annual maintenance fee.

Sue C.
Aug 02, 2015

There is really no choice.

Since Wyndham owns RCI you can go most all resorts with only 205 thousand points. You can even go to all the Wyndham properties that way. I stayed in Hawaii for 205 instead of 400 for the same room. In NYC it was 500k for the one br. We got it through that for 160ish.

With Bluegreen the equivalent is about 15 thousand points in their system. Their resorts on the whole aren't as nice and it's hard to get anywhere. Wyndham doesn't give the high rollers a booking advantage. Even resale has the same booking time as a vip, in Bluegreen their vip owners get longer booking times.

I've owned resale and developer. I got developer first. Then I thought I'd get smart and get resale. Luckily Wyndham had something that could help me get rid of it.

Unless you just want to have a small amount of points. Enough for just one vacation per year, in the long run you're better off just buying it from them.

Daniel F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.