Ask RedWeek

Broker

Jul 06, 2014

Can anyone tell me how to assure that a broker is not a scammer?---Does anyone know JWB Vacations?

Lisa R.
Jul 07, 2014

richardg435 wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to assure that a broker is not a scammer?---Does anyone know JWB Vacations?

If this broker is asking for a large, upfront fee, then it is likely a scam.

Did this broker phone you out of the blue with an offer that's too good to be true? Then, again, probably a scam.

What are you hoping to accomplish with this broker? Sell you timeshare? Rent it out? Buy/rent from an existing owner?

Lance C.
Jul 07, 2014

richardg435 wrote:

Do you have more information? City/State they're operating out of? Address? Name of the actual Broker?

J V.
Jan 12, 2015

Did anyone find out if JWB is legitimate? I am looking into book something through them. Thanks.

Michelle E.
Jan 13, 2015

Reputable brokers take no money upfront and are paid their commission after the sale. They often have a minimum commission ($1500-$2500). So it is possible that you will owe them something after the sale is complete if your TS isn't worth that much. Most timeshares aren't worth the minimum commission a reputable broker would charge.

What do you own?

Tracey S.
Feb 09, 2015

Did you end up booking from jwb vacations? We are looking at a timeshare from them too and want to make sure they arent scamming us.

Eve P.
Feb 09, 2015

Go to the Timeshare Companies heading in the forum and go to the Dream Travel Condos thread and learn what could happen if you use a broker.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Feb 09, 2015 07:12 AM

Feb 10, 2015

Yes, we did end up booking through them and it was a great experience, just got back from a one week stay in Maui. Bob was a pleasure to work with.

Michelle E.
Feb 10, 2015

michellee187 wrote:
Yes, we did end up booking through them and it was a great experience, just got back from a one week stay in Maui. Bob was a pleasure to work with.

Booking with whom? Who is "them"?

Lance C.
Feb 17, 2015

Is that commission price correct....or are we all thought to be Stupid. What ever happened to the standard ....Percentage???!!

Mike C.
Feb 17, 2015

Standard percentage is for real estate that has a value of $50,000+. They don't have to worry about a minimum. The minimum only applies if they sell it. Since most timeshares are worth $0 it doesn't work on the standard.

That's why most reputable brokers only deal in timeshares that have some value. Most don't want to pay the minimum. If it never sells then you owe nothing and they don't get paid. If they agree to work with you on a timeshare that is worth less than their minimum at least you know how it works and can choose not to work with them.

As bad as it sounds it is better than those who charge $300-$2000 upfront and then don't sell your timeshare or sell it for $50 when they "promised" they could find a buyer at $15,000.

Tracey S.
Apr 27, 2015

Be aware that the Dream Condos situation referred to is truly awful, but with most brokers, you see a legitimate confirmation before you pay a dime. In the situation of Dream Condos, they took money with a promise that your confirmation would show up a couple of weeks before your vacation. Truly sketchy. Work with a broker you can trust. Check them out with BBB, Redweek, TUG, etc. If you work with a licensed broker, you have no worries.

Lynne
Aug 01, 2015

I have dealt with JWB vacations on several occasions. They are prompt, professional and have always given us exactly what they promised. Will use them for all timeshare rentals going forward.

Jim F.
Apr 01, 2019

JWB was an great in their service. They were prompt and fulfilled their promises. We really enjoyed our vacation at Marriott Beachclub Villas resort I’m Ko’Olina, HI. I would definitely use JWB’s service again.

Diana A.
Apr 20, 2019

So how do we know that Redweek is a reputable broker? And why do I have to pay a fee to list my condo on top of the membership fee? I read these comments about unreputable sites and scams and wonder who I can trust.

Cindy
Apr 20, 2019

cindym346 wrote:
So how do we know that Redweek is a reputable broker?

RedWeek it not a broker. It is a listing site.

Lance C.
Apr 20, 2019

Cindy M.: RedWeek.com has been in business since 2002 and is one of the few timeshare companies with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. You can view more information about RedWeek here: About RedWeek.com (https://www.redweek.com/about)

If you would like to view testimonials from members who use our site, you can visit this page: Testimonials (https://www.redweek.com/testimonials)

For questions about posting your timeshare, please go to our Resources tab (https://www.redweek.com/resources) or use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com

Last edited by phyl21 on Apr 20, 2019 04:55 PM

Dec 05, 2020

Hi Diana,

I just am looking for more referrals/reviews about that JWB company and saw yours. So it was all good and legit? Any other comments you would add to that?

Thanks,

Rich in Seattle

Rich A.

Last edited by phyl21 on Dec 05, 2020 07:37 PM

Jun 09, 2021

richa53 wrote:
Hi Diana,

I just am looking for more referrals/reviews about that JWB company and saw yours. So it was all good and legit? Any other comments you would add to that?

Thanks,

Rich in Seattle

Hello All! Looking to do business with JWB company now. Was there any update to any of your experience with the company?

Thank you for your thoughts

Chris G.
Feb 02, 2022

I booked with JWB over the Christmas break. Since it was Covid and last minute I asked for a discount on an ocean front at Maui Ocean Club. He replied it wasn't available but there was one at the other two towers no mention of a change of view with the original booking ad still in the subject line. He lowered the price and I booked. When I arrived at Maui Ocean Cub on New Year eve at 4 pm I was given a garden view on the second floor with a beautiful view of the parking lot. I emailed and eventually called him direct. The person who answered answered Hello. I told him the situation and he indicate it must be Marriott's error I told him I spoke to Marriott and the indicated this was what was booked. He kept saying its New Years eve I am on the east coast there is nothing I can do. DO you want to cancel the booking? I don't know how I would cancel on New Years eve in Maui where would I go. He told me the resort was booked I got a great deal. He then said there was 20 people in the office and said he would drive an hour to the office on New year's eve at 9:30pm to check the reservation. I told him it was New Years and not necessary it was disappointing. I made the best of my vacation and when I returned home I read his email that since I asked for a discount the listing change. I informed him he did not indicate at all the view would change. I also told him I would be sharing my experience. He said he is a small family run company very conflicting from the 20 people in the office. I am pretty confident this guy is not a broker. As someone who has booked with red weeks many times and had great experiences renting from direct owners which is the intent of red weeks I would recommend booking direct from owners or brokers who are really brokers. I have never had a problem from a true owner

June C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.